Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - April 15, 2012

Hello and Welcome! - Are you up for the "hunt" - You know the one,  Scavenger Hunt Sunday over on Ashley's blog (Ramblings and Photos)

This weeks prompts were:  Simple, Grain, Transportation, Stitch and Bubble(s).

It was a rather busy week and I didn't think I would make the hunt this week but at the last minute I decided to see what I could come up with.



Ashley is going to think I'm "copying" her since last week we both used the exact same Scripture verse for one of the prompts and this week I've used the same type of image for Transportation that she used but I swear I'm not reading your mind Ashley!

Just a note that for this weeks prompts all my photos were uploaded and edited on PicMonkey using the Urban effect.

So let's get started:
SIMPLE:  - Oh I struggled with this one trying to come up with an idea as to what qualified as simple.
In the end I went with this photo:
It expresses the "simple" joy of childhood and also how simply easy it was to find some of those eggs we thought we'd hidden so well!

GRAIN:

Technically speaking Popcorn is a "Grain" by product but I thought this made for a rather cool looking photo, especially as I caught the stream of butter cascading down onto the popcorn that my daughter was popping.
TRANSPORTATION: Okay Ashley, seriously I wasn't copying your idea! One of Coleen's Hot Wheel Cars.
STITCH: This one stumped me, I don't sew worth diddly squat so stitching on a machine or by hand was out of the question for me.  I resorted to an "archived" photo on this prompt.  Way back from 2008 when our cat Harley had to have his stomach opened to remove a large rubber band, a twig and string to the tune of $800!!!
I wonder if they used, "cat gut" to stitch him up! (Just kidding, Harley).

BUBBLE(s):  Taken on Easter Sunday of some Crayola Colored Bubbles that Coleen got in her Easter basket.
So that's it for this week but be sure to stop in over on Ashley's blog and check out the other great entries.

Up next week:  Yellow, Something that made or makes you Smile, Ancient/Antique, Splash and In the Sun.

27 comments:

  1. Great finds!

    I almost had a popcorn shot for Grain, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your processing, I heard about picmonkey this week, will have to try it myself. Great set! I like simple the best have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your processing, I read abot picmonkey this week , will have to check it out myself. great set, my fave is simple, I think you nailed it ! have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set for this week's hunt. Don't feel bad, I came 'this close' (in my best Get Smart imitation) to using a matchbox car - but it would have required me to dig through boxes - and that wasn't going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your simple joy photo....it brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that popcorn and those bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shots. Your bubbles are pretty, and as for transportation, I've seen a couple of matchbox shots, no worries. :--)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures. The popcorn and bubble shots are my favorite. I will admit that I'm a bit perplexed as to how the bubbles got on the grass and didn't immediately pop. Do the crayola ones have something special in them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bubbles and your grandgirlies face definitely says joy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your poor Harley! And oh poor you too! $800!!

    Great stitch shot though, wondered if anyone would have that kind of stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love that transportation shot....so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha ha - no, I don't think you're copying...great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, Ida! The bubble shot is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Simplicity of childhood is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures. Love your bubbles and interesting picture for transportation. Grain on my page is of a rock not a tree but it was a good guess. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Ida! So glad your kitty is ok! Love your simple shot, & that cute lil girl of yours! wishing you a happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bubble photo! And feel bad for kitty! :( Nice shots! I too use picmonkey!
    Vanessa
    http://daily-dilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You made me laugh with your Harley comment. Love your take on simple, lovely set Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colored bubbles! Poor kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww- poor kitty. That was quite a list of objects removed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great ideas for the prompts! I love your bubbles! Great colors reflected!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful collection Ida. Harley is one lucky cat!

    PS -- the purple buds in my photo are Dames Rocket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, pretty bubbles! I have never seen colors bubble before.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great set, love your grain shot

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Ida, I love the shot of Coleen. She looks so happy with her treasure in hand. Ouch! That was one expensive stomach ache your cat got. I could see eating the string and the twig by mistake, but what would possess Harley to eat a rubber band I wonder? It certainly would be chewy. The reflection in the bubbles are cool and that popcorn looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your bubble shot is great, it is so hard to get a good bubble shot before they pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.