Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Friday, August 4, 2017

Yes I'm still alive & Friday Randoms

You may have notice that I've been absent from the blogging world for a couple of weeks now. -  I haven't been feeling well and developed a bad cough and just didn't have the energy to do much at all.  -  So sorry I have not visited any of your blogs during this time.


 
 
 
So now on to WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE hosted by Tanya from (Around Roanoke).




1.  So how much would you pay for an Onion?  Below is a wonderful Walla Walla Sweet Onion that I bought the other day.


The clerk was ringing my items up and she noticed that something seemed off on the total of my bill.  Seems this onion was listed at costing,  $24.79!
As it turned out the scale didn't register the onions weight and she had already entered a code for the tomatoes I was buying and it charged me the code price instead of the actual price of the onion.  Whew...I know they are wonderful tasting onions but I wasn't about to pay that much for one onion.

2.  So hubby and I are sitting out in the living room the other night watching TV when we here this loud bang.  Thinking that one of the cats had knocked something off a shelf I went to investigate.  Nothing seemed out of place and all the cats appeared to be fine as well.  Then I noticed that the door to a little mini refrigerator we have was open and I thought that's weird.  So I went to see why and discovered that we had turned it up to high and one of the cans of soda pop we had inside had frozen and exploded!  It was a bit of a mess cleaning it up.  This is the can after it exploded.



3.  Our sweet Miss Dottie hasn't been feeling well lately either.  We took her to the Vet two weeks ago and she had a mild infection in one of her ears and had bumped the tumor on the roof of her mouth opening it up.  They put her on antibiotics and put some wax stuff in her ear to clear up the infection.  She seemed to be getting better but I had to take her back again this morning for another wax treatment as the ear started irritating her again.  Poor thing.  She's 17 years old but they say she's in pretty good shape for a cat her age.


4. During one of my better days last week I tried out a new recipe for:
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats. (Recipe can be found here)


They were YUMMY!

5.  Had a wonderful visit yesterday.  One of my best friends that I have not seen in atleast 25 years was driving through this way and stopped in for a brief visit.  It was so much fun seeing her again.  She and her husband took us out to lunch and we had a great time with them.

                                        My friend, Twila and Me.

Mike (my hubby) Me, Twila and (her hubby) Lee.  What fun to be able to enjoy a few hours with them. 

That's it for me.  Life has been busy and I don't always have time to stop by your blogs.  Taking care of my mom is becoming increasingly more demanding so if I don't stop by as often it's not because I don't care anymore.  I enjoy all your blogs & visits and want you to know I appreciate all of you very much.

Have a great weekend.

24 comments:

  1. Sorry you were under the weather! The loaded zucchini looks great! I haven't made my recipe for those in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An ice bomb explosion!
    The recipe does look good. Thanks for sharing
    Always wonderful to see old friends again
    Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have been one expensive onion.
    Sorry you haven't been feeling well.
    Sounds like fun meeting up with an old friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ida, sorry to hear that you have been under the weather, and your little kitty, too! I guess it is always a good idea to pay attention to the register when things are being rung up....a $24 onion would be a little out of my price range, too. My teenage sons used to like to put their pops in the freezer to get them cold, fast, and once in a while they would forget about them and one would explode. It's not fun to clean up! So nice to get a visit from old friends, too. Everyone looks great! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. That's a very expensive onion. Hope you and Miss Dottie are feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hate to hear that you have been sick...but I am glad to see this post. Enjoyed reading your random five. Seems like I cannot get it together to do one at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. It was good catching up with you!! That was one expensive onion!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you back! Wow...that would have been an EXPENSIVE onion...glad you caught the mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your Miss Dottie wilL feel better! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry Dottie is not well, hugs to her and you... we missed you.. the taco zuchinni was on my menu for this week, had all the ingredients here but not the zucchini, the zucchini at the store were to small to use, they were not big enough to split and scoop. I know we will love it when I find the zuchinni.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...I knew that Walla Walla Sweet Onions were good, but $24.79 seems a bit steep. Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats sure look good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you and Dottie are on the mend !! Have a good week..

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun to have a visit from a long-lost friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though that is a very nice onion, I have to agree the $24 price was a bit too much! Ha ha! Good thing she caught that! I've had to clean up the frozen Coke mess before... not so much fun. Your zucchini boats look delicious! Surprisingly, my grandsons LOVE stuffed zucchini! Not surprisingly, all the adults do, too. ;) Old friendships are real treasures. So very nice you enjoyed a visit from your friend. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had the same cold earlier this summer, Ida and it made me very weak for a long time. I had terrible body aches with it so i think it was a type of flu. Hope you feel better now. I also hope Miss Dottie is also doing better.

    Glad you caught that expensive onion error, and also glad you had a good time with old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Ida!:) So glad you had a good time with your friend, it's great to meet up with old friends. I hope your kitty's ear condition improves. Have a good week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It seems like soda cans are really made of such thin metal after seeing how yours exploded and split open. Hope the kitty is feeling better and those zucchini boats look great. I'm trying a first-time zucchini slaw today as a side dish with ribs. Hope your mom is feeling better. Life does have a way of taking precedence over blogging or blog reading...as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you're feeling better now. I completely understand how life can take a turn and demand so much attention. I enjoyed your photos and laughed at the story about the onion! Our kitty is 11 years old and seems to be going strong. Her sister left us a couple years ago. Love the happy expressions in the pic of you and your friends. Take care. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look great Ida, looks like we were both under the weather!! Miss Dottie is looking so fine....and I LOVE the look and sound of your dinner -YUM!!

    It's great to see you today, I know it's hard to blog when you aren't feeling well!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you and Miss Dottie are both feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry you and your kitty weren't feeling well but glad you are both better! The taco boats look delicious! I love the pictures of you and your friends and hubby! We had a bottle of coke explode in the freezer recently....what a mess and loud! Thanks for linking Ida! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Ida, you have really been a busy lady! I'm so sorry you've been under the weather. I hope you get to feeling 100% real soon Onion and soda can-yikes!!! Your cat is beautiful and certainly doesn't look 17. Hope her medicine helps. What a lovely surprise seeing an old friend again.

    Blessing
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry to hear that you've felt under the weather, Ida. I hope you recover soon. And your kitty is amazing - 17 years is a great age for a cat. A friend of mine up in Yorkshire had a cat who was still going strong at 21! How lovely to catch up with old friends. So glad that you were all able to re-connect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.