Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

In Memoriam - Callie-Jo 2008-2017

It's time to share a final good-bye to our sweet Callie-Jo here on the blog.

 Click to enlarge photos (Especially the Collages).


In late August of this year we had taken her to the vet because she was vomiting and not eating.  At that time they determined she was running a fever and prescribed Antibiotics for her.  I spent 7 days feeding her with a syringe before she started eating on her own.  She seemed to rally back although we noticed she was losing weight.

This past week she started vomiting again and not eating so we took her back to the Vet.  She had numerous tests done but they could not figure out what was causing her to lose the weight and become dehydrated.  Without an exploratory surgery they just couldn't say what was wrong other then she was a very sick kitty.

They feel from some of the tests that she most likely had some kind of intestinal cancer.   They didn't feel even if they did surgery that she would be strong enough to survive the surgery and if she did it would be a long road to recovery.  On Thursday we made the decision to have her put to sleep.  It was so very hard to do as when we went to say our final good-bye's she seemed so happy to see us and on the outside she really didn't look sick at all.  I can't begin to tell you how hard it was to let her go but I know she is pain free now & in a better place.



This tiny little kitten at our house in March of 2008 - My hubby had went out of town on a job and I stopped in at a local pet store and saw her and fell in love.  I just had to bring her home even though he said we didn't need another cat. They bonded with each other right away and she often would take naps with him.


This is one of my favorite pictures of her as a kitten.  Coleen was just 3 years old and decided one day to read Calli-Jo a story. 


 She even helped my husband by supervising his painting skills.

She was quite musical as well...


Here she is playing the guitar!

 
When we first got Callie-Jo we had another older cat named, Nuisance.  For several days the two of them were insperable.  She stayed by his side almost all day long.  Then one night he got really sick and we rushed him to the Vet and the next day he passed away at home.  We think she knew he was going to die and wanted to comfort him.
 
 

She was such a sweet and loving cat.  We often called her "Wonky Face" because she had the part siamese part calico features that made her look quite different.

Here are some of her "Wonky Faces"



She earned the nickname, Space Cadet because she would often just stare up at the ceiling at nothing at all.





 She was just so funny.

In the mornings when I would take a shower she would sit on the edge of the tub and wait until I pulled the shower curtain open then she would sit and watch the water drip down the shower walls.



She loved getting into cardboard boxes of any size along with baskets and laying on purses.



She was loved by all the cats and all of us.   There are probably many more photos and stories I could tell you about our Callie-Jo and maybe someday she'll be featured again in loving memory shots. She will truly be missed. 

Rest in Peace Miss Callie-Jo - Always in our hearts.

Callie-Jo - March 2008 - October 2017




19 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry, Ida. My heart breaks for all of you at the loss of Callie-Jo. These are the most precious pictures. I know how much you will miss her. God bless you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad...what a sweet cat! I know you will miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was such a pretty cat and I love how unique her face is. I know how difficult that was for you.it's heartbreakinb to make the decision

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard when we lose a fur baby. I lost my Long hair doxin Tinkerbell 3 months ago, she would of been 14 next week..

    Sorry for y'alls loss :'(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to decide which photo I love the most, but could not. they all tell a different story. LOVE that wonky face number 2, purrfect shot of her beautiful face. her eyes so blue. my heart hurts for you hurt, hugs and prayers. this is a wonderful memorial to remember her by.. your hubby looks a lot like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so sorry for this Ida. She was a well love kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ida, I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and your family. Callie Jo could be a sister to our Iris. She was a blue eyed calico-Siamese mix. She was also albino, and also died from cancer. She was Bill's cat, though I bottle fed her from Day 1. Thank you for sharing Callie Jo. She was obviously loved. Hugs...and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my heart goes out to you and your family. Your story sounds a lot like what happened with one of our kitties. It's such a helpless feeling when you realize there's little that can be done to make them well. What wonderful memories you have. Thank you for sharing a little bit of Callie-Jo with us. I hope you'll find comfort that you did the right thing in letting her go...painful as it is to say goodbye to a beloved pet. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tribute to a beautiful member of the family.

    "What greater gift than the love of a cat" - Charles Dickens

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ida,

    I'm sorry to hear the mews of your beloved Callie Jo crossing the Rainbow Bridge. It almost looks like Callie Jo is wearing one of those "Phantom of the Oprah" masks with one side of her face being so dark. lol I know how much y'all loved her and how much you guys miss her but you're right, she's now free from suffering. Saying prayers for you. Thanks for visiting. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful pictures of her, i'm so sorry ida!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I am so sorry. I didn't know you had lost Callie. What a wonderful post about her. Sending lots of hugs to you. Try to have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a truly adorable cat. Her markings are so unusual too, and what a personality. One in a million. I am sad for you missing that familiar face around your home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sad when a beloved pet passes away, Ida. It's clear from this post and the photos that Callie-Jo brought so much joy into your lives. I really liked the ones where she was helping your husband paint and play an instrument. And also of Coleen reading (our daughter;s name is spelled the same way) reading to her. I also know the heartbreak of having to put a cat down because it is less painful to them; mine was named Sambuca and I still miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty. Very nice photos, she was clearly well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dear Ida, I am so, so, so sorry to hear of your loss. Callie-Jo was such a precious cat and I know she will be missed by many. Oh, the place pets make in our hearts....

    Thinking of you, dear one. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry for you loss Ida. She looks to be quite the character. So beautiful also.
    It so hard to lose one of our furry family members. They become so much a part of the family.

    As if the loss of your sweet Callie-Jo isn't getting to me enough, I just glanced up and saw the photos of our cats. All of them are at least 15, and we lost one two years ago, and another in August. The last of the old-timers is still with us, but she's lost about 75% of her kidney function. We pay a heavy toll for all the love and pleasure our pets give us. My condolences to your entire family. Take care Ida...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ida, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Callie Jo was a beautiful and will be in your hearts forever.
    This was a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I do hurt for you...makes me think of two of my cats...I still miss them after all these years...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.