Joining Tom (The Backroads Traveller) for WILLY NILLY FRIDAY FIVE
and Sandee (Comedy Plus) for FELINE FRIDAY
1. June was a nice cool month and we had a nice surprise on June 29th with a tiny rainshower and a rainbow. This is the best shot I could manage of the rainbow....
Others were much luckier. You can view their shots HERE and HERE
That same evening the sunset was just wonderful and I snapped this shot of it:
2. Drove up to Bennington Lake one evening and spotted these colorful kayaks out on the lake.
3. I also found some Queen Anne's lace to photograph.
Here is an "artsy" edit of the same photo.
4. On the way out of the lake I spotted a Quail sitting on a fence post. I quickly pulled into a nearby turnout and quietly got out of the car and got as close as I could without spooking the quail. I've always wanted to get a shot of a quail like this. Sadly I didn't quite get the quail in good focus but it's not a bad shot and I'll keep working on getting just the perfect shot of a quail.
5. We didn't go out of town over the 4th of July but we did manage a picnic at one of the local parks. Below are shots of us having a good time.
6. Bonus shot of one of the many hanging baskets in our down town.
Now for FELINE FRIDAY....
A shot of Bandit watching one of the other cats. He has such gorgeous eyes.
It's a HOT one here this week. The high today is expected to be 102 so I'm leaving you with this musical selection.
Have a great weekend. For those of you in the "Heat Wave" areas stay cool and safe.