It's always a lot of fun to participate in this great event. You get to send stuff to someone and meet them and then get a package from a different person and get to meet them too. So you make 2 new friends that way.
I signed my mom up to participate this year. She's 88 and loves getting mail. She really isn't able to write much any more though but she sure had fun getting her package in the mail. Her partner that she received from was,
Patti Boyd. Patti doesn't have a blog.
This is what Patti sent my mom.
This really pretty mug which was a tea infuser. It was packaged in a really cute matching box.
Mom doesn't drink tea/coffee anymore but she liked the Tang and the Cocoa that she received. There was cookies and jams which were enjoyed as well and a pretty book mark.
Also a lovely embroidered tea towel, some scissors, a pretty little tatted decoration. Such delicate work on that., Somre pretty butterfly clips which mom used to decorate with. Plus a Swinging butterfly decoration. Mom loves butterflies.
A closer view of the tea towel and tatted ornament.
Thank you so much Patti for making my mom's day a little brighter with your wonderful package and sweet note.
Mom sent to: Shelly Kaunzner. - She doesn't have a blog.
Next up: My partner who had my name was: Bev Kirk - Bev does not have a blog.
Here is what I received:
This really cute mug, some salted caramel cocoa (Yum), Chamomile Tea, French Vanilla Coffee and a Chocolate Mint candy. - I liked them all.
Hand Lotion and Some Flower Seeds. - I love flowers.
A coloring journal and pencils. - This has some great designs in it.
A super neat pot scrubbing pad. We really like this pad for doing dishes.
Thank you so much Bev for all the wonderful items.
4. I'm thankful for Food Bloggers. There you can find great recipes for food like this: Beef Tips and Gravy (Found HERE)
5. I'm thankful for Nature and Beautiful Trees like these Magnolia's or Tulip Trees as we call them.
Did you know they come in other colors beside's pink?
How about a Yellow one...
6. I'm thankful for having a sense of humor because you need one when you see things like this...
7. I'm thankful my mom taught me how to cook or rather let me learn to cook by allowing me into the kitchen to try out recipes on my own. I finally have mastered a flaky pie crust and oh my Apple Pie never tasted better.
8. I'm thankful for music. This week I started listening to a Bob Seger album (Ride Out) that I have and really haven't listened to all that often. It has some great songs on it. I wanted to play a song called, Listen from the album but YouTube doesn't have it. So how about California Stars instead.
9. I'm thankful for making it down this road we took up in the hills last week.
Towards the end of the drive down it the road was super "rutty" and I had to really drive slow so as not to drive off into one of the ruts and get stuck.
10. I'm thankful that I can see things that I would never get to see if it were not for bloggers like Jackie (Junkboat Travels). Check out this POST, It's pretty awesome. Thanks Jackie for sharing.
That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by. Have a very Happy Easter.