This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.
Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.
1. That 1st Day of School must have been tiring. I found Coleen asleep in my chair about an hour after she got home from school. - I think getting up earlier took it's toll.
2. We spotted this Bumble Bee drying out it's wings on the bird feeder and Coleen wanted me to take it's picture. I love how "fuzzy" it is.
3. One of the last fun things we did before school started was the Mentos and Coke experiment. Coleen and her friend, Emily had a lot of fun watching the coke explosion after they dropped the Mentos in the bottle.
4. I've spotted these deer several times in recent weeks. I sent copies of these photos into our local paper. They published the first two. I wanted to share the doe as I think she's just as pretty. I thought it was neat to have my photos published but they spelt my last name wrong which sort of bummed me out.
5. Our new little kitten Pepper is getting along great now with all the other cats. I caught this sweet photo of her sleeping next to our oldest male cat, Harley the other night.
I tell you with 8 cats in the house now we sure go through a lot of cat food!
Also Joining FELINE ART - With this same photo but edited at iPiccy and Pic Monkey
Have a fabulous weekend - I'm off to bake a cake now.
Well the 1st day of school is now offically over & Coleen deemed the day a big success. She has a brand new teacher (new to the school this year) and she likes him so that's a plus. - Thanks to all who commented on her 1st Day of School Photos.
Now let's join Theresa (The Run-a-round Ranch Report) for GOOD FENCES.
As you know if you've visited my blog I tend to drive around town looking for fences to share so I've built up a bit of a selection to share. Today I'm sharing some photo's taken exactly one year apart.
These two horses were grazing in their pasture which is located across Mill Creek by the local Community College. - I've always liked the nice white fence they have bordering a walking trail. During the Ducky Derby in May is when this was shot.
So this year we are out at the Ducky Derby again and I happened to spot the same two horses grazing and here is this years shot.
I think they have a pretty nice fence and pasture to enjoy.
Don't forget to stop by Theresa's blog and check out all the other great fences. - Have a wonderful day & thanks for stopping by.
I haven't participated much because I never seem to think that I have anything inspiring enough to share since I don't craft much any more. However I realized that my photography can be inspiring. It is to me and one of my favorite things to do is add quotes or scriptures to my photos. Today I'm sharing the same scripture with two different photos. I'd love to have them made in Canvas Wall hangings someday. I can't decide which would make the better wall hanging. Let me know which is your favorite.
Click to Enlarge photos.
VESRION #1 - Taken on one of the paths at Bennington Lake
VERSION #2 - Taken on a path at Rooks Park
I hope you find inspiration in God's word and in my photo interpretations.
Joining Adrienne (My Memory Art) today for Six Word Fridays. This weeks work was, Rock.
I decided to use a line from one of my favorite Hymns for the prompt.
Now for some Random Stuff
1. Spotted this little squirrel resting on top of the shed next door. It was a very warm day and I think it was feeling a little tuckered out from all the heat. - I know I was.
2. Another of the deer we seen recently. I like how this one is just sort of peeking out of the brush.
3. My hubby called me up last night and said to go look out towards the mountains so I could see this amazing cloud. Turns out this is actually smoke clouds from one of the many fires buring in our state. This particular fire is about 40-50 miles away.
4. I happened upon some moss roses blooming in someone's garden one day and snapped a picture of this bee that was very busy. I just love the motion blur of it's wings and all the pollen it has on it's body.
5. Someone around our town has a weird sense of humor. I've seen several different stop signs with something painted or pasted underneath the word, Stop. This is the one I spotted yesterday and I just happened to have my camera handy.
And we can't leave without sharing a kitty photo so here goes.....
We finally introduced Pepper (the new kitten) to all the other cats yesterday. Here she is with Spooky-boo checking her out. Doesn't he have the funniest expression on his face. She seems totally unphased by him.
Hello! - Hope you've all been having a great week so far. Summer is winding down here and school will start on Wednesday of next week, (Coleen is half hearted about going back to school at this point.) - In the meantime let's sit back and enjoy some good fun with Theresa from The Run-a-round Ranch Report and GOOD FENCES.
I so admire Brian King's photography and have loved how he often finds fence shots that include a cool looking tree like this ONE so I was out one day looking for fences and happened upon a nice fence and a pretty cool looking tree. In honor of Brian's great tree/fence shots I want to share this one with you.
Don't you love that nice little white picket fence? Did you spot what's unusual about the tree?
Hope you've enjoyed today's fence shot. Don't forget to drop in at Theresa's blog and check out all the other fabulous fences.
These are Moon Flowers. - Several of you have mentioned that these resemble other plants by the name of Datura or Angel Trumpets. Turns out they are all one and the same plant. Just a lot of different names for them. Apparently they are also poisonous plants.
Happy Friday! - Summer is sure winding down fast. School for Coleen starts in 12 days. - In some ways she is ready to head back but in others she's still wanting to enjoy being "lazy" and staying in bed until 10:00 in the morning.
1. So do any of you watch the show, Skin Wars? - I got into it midway through the 1st season and have been keeping up with the current season. I've even gotten Coleen interested in watching with me. So one day she comes out and has "body painted" her leg. Here she is with her art work:
Here is closer view of her art work: So do you think maybe someday she might compete on Skin Wars?
2. One afternoon earlier this summer we stopped at our favorite local produce store. As we parked we spotted this deer in a small corn field next to the store. It proceeded to move into another field where I captured this sweet shot. We love finding deer to photograph.
3. Have you seen the commercial with the "Free Range Chicken" commercial for Geico insurance?
Well we have our own free range chickens as the neighbors next door to my mom have chickens now and they just let them roam free. Quite often they visit my mom's yard to eat the food we leave out for the squirrels and birds.
Here is one of them:
4. Do you like finding new stuff to photograph? I do. The other night I was driving home and spotted some flowers in an alleyway. Thankfully I had my camera with me so I stopped and photographed them. I had no clue what they were though so I "googled" - White Squash Like Flowers With Spiky Seed pods. It worked as I discovered what my flowers are. You've got to love Google!
Here is the seed pod:
So do any of you know what these flowers are? - After googling the above I learned they are called, Moonflowers because they tend to bloom at night.
These must have been confused though as it was around noon when I took these photos.
5. About a week and a half a small kitten showed up on my mom's front porch. We had no clue where it came from. It ran when we tried to catch it. Then we spent the next week leaving food out for it behind our house. It would hide in the brush and junk between our back fence and the back neighbors. We could get it fairly close to it but could never seem to get it caught. I snapped this photo of the kitten sitting on a piece of the fencing.
We think someone "dumped" the poor thing. After several days of feeding the kitten - Which Coleen had decided was a girl even though we didn't know for sure and had even named her, we managed to catch it and took it to the Vet to be checked out.
It turns out it was indeed a female kitten and well you know the rest of the story......
Here is Pepper on Coleen's bed. - We now have 8 (yes, we're nuts) cats at our place. We just couldn't leave her to fend for herself so we've adopted her.
Joining Steve from The Burnt Food Dude for Feline Friday.