This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.
Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.
I've shared this fence before but today I'm sharing something different about it.
It's a pretty long fence and in the spring those trees will be pretty and green. But did you notice the rock wall beneath the fence?
There use to be another fence there before they put up the tall wooden fence and I imagine at first there was only the stone wall but over the years people have built different fences but the stone wall remains.
Nice and Green all covered in moss.
It's those "little details" we often overlook that make like interesting.
Joining Gosia (Looking for Identity) today for Good Fences Around the World
It's a nice 50+ day here (although overcast and drizzling rain) but hey the snow is gone so I'm a happy camper.
Sharing a few fences I've found here in town today with a "pop" of Red to them. I think it really makes them stand out.
First up a nice black wrought iron fence with red brick pillars.
Next we have a Red Fence (slightly worn) with some brambles growing ove it. - I liked the scalloped shape of the top of this fence. Of course if you look closely you'll see that the scalloped part is actually another fence right behind the red fencing.
Finally while not technically a "fence" this red stair railing is quite nice.
There you have it, a trio of "red" to brighten your day.
Have a great day & don't forget to check out the other participants Good Fences from around the world.
Sharing a fence/gate taken in June of 2015 - I wanted to share a fence that wasn't covered in snow today. - We are in the midst of an ice storm today but temps are suppose to rise to 46 by mid-afternoon. School was canceled yet again today due to hazardous driving conditions.
I love Hydrangea's so when I saw this one growing by this nice black wrought iron fence I had to take a picture of it.
On another note we've had computer/e-mail issues again this week which were finally resolved yesterday. Although I was almost a victim of a "computer scam" but was wise enough to realize when the guy said we would have to pay a (one time fee of $97 to fix the problem) that he wasn't legitimate and I managed to avoid further problems. - Long story. Anyway I'm happy to be back on-line and hope to visit your blogs soon.
On the other side was a nice gate along with the house numbers set into a large chunk of wood which I thought was pretty neat looking as well.
Hope you've enjoyed a little bit of summer here today.
1. I've decided to try and post a "Positive or Inspirational" quote at least once or twice a week on my blog. I am so tired of all the protests, riots, whining and complaining about the President, people demanding "their rights" etc...that I could just throw up. - Life is to short for that sort of stuff. I figure if people look for the positive instead of the negative the world would certainly be a better place. - Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that way either. I found a great quote by Willie Nelson this week and so I'm sharing that as my Inspirational/Positive quote for this week.
2. Here's a music piece that made me smile this week. I loved the Mary Tyler Moore show & MTM was a wonderful lady. - I found this great, albeit very different version of her theme song by rocker, Joan Jett. If this doesn't put some pep to your step nothing will.
3. It's another snowy day here in WallyWorld (oh goodie!) But I'm having a good time blogging, reading & watching TV. One of my favorites: The Price Is Right and my favorite game....Plinko was just played. Even though I don't win any of the money it's always fun and exciting when a contestant does. Today the lady won, $21,000.
4. As always my cats make me happy. Today I thought I'd feature,
Callie-Jo (aka - Wonky Face) for this very reason.
5. Thought I would take a walk outside and see if I could find something interesting to photograph and boy was I glad I did. Last week I mentioned in my WNF5 post that I've been seeing a large Woodpecker out at the feeders but could never seem to get a picture of it. Guess What.....I finally got one!
Even better than that.....
Two Woodpeckers!!! - So for you bird lovers out there that are in the know, what kind of a Woodpecker are these?
Here are the Statements: WEEK 39: February 3, 2017
1. My middle name is __________________.
2. ______________________ surprises.
3. The Super Bowl .
4. My favourite sport is .
Here are my responses:
1. My middle name is: Pauline I was named after both of my Grandmother's. (Ida was my dad's mom) and (Pauline was my mom's mother). When I was really young they called me by both names but when I started school my parents dropped calling me by both names but a couple of relatives always called me Ida Pauline (which I hated).
2. I love surprises but only if they are fun and not something like a pratical joke because those generally aren't that fun.
3. The Super Bowl this year doesn't really interest me as none of the teams I wanted to see play are playing. We'll probably watch though just to see the commercials although I've heard that some are doing "political" type stuff in their commercials and again I'm sick of that so maybe I won't watch after all.
4. My favorite sport is: Professional Bull Riding (again see last weeks post). It's exciting, dangerous, and one sport where no one can really cheat because a bull doesn't know how to cheat. Plus the cowboys all seem to root for each other to ride even though that may mean they don't win the event if the other rider gets a better score then they did.
So everyone be safe & warm if you are still having nasty winter weather. For those of you enjoying nicer weather....Lucky you!
Welcome! - Hope you are having a good day. I've been sick all week with that horrible cough where you feel like your guts are going to be ripped out of your chest every time you cough. I've chugged down a ton of Tea with Lemon & Honey in it and am slowly returning to normal.
So today I'm joining Gosie (Looking for Identity) and Tamar (Randomosity) for:
First up for Good Fences: I offer two different seasons (Fall & Winter)
Spotted these gorgeous fall trees and a rock wall last fall and realized I hadn't shared them yet.
I love the bright cheery colors here. Perfect to help ease up "winter blahs" for those of us still suffering through the woes of winter.
Speaking of those "woes of winter" here is what happened January 31st here in my neck of the woods.
Yep more snow (about 3-5 inches)...believe me I am so ready for winter to be over. However I did think it looked pretty as I lay in bed watching it come down outside.
So now for Little Things Thursday. - I've been thinking lately about how our actions, thoughts & words can make a difference in the way people view the world. So much (negativity) is about today. People are rioting, protesting, complaining etc....and quite frankly it's just getting tiring. So I thought why not try to be more postitive. Why not try to find good in the world and encourage each other. Regardless of who won the election, or your beliefs about race, religion, politics etc....there are still good things to be thankful and grateful for in the world.
So my thought today is to offer you encouragement that the world is still a beautiful place and that we must do our part to build each other up and not tear each other down. It's a "little thing" that can mean a great deal to someone else.