Hey it's FRIDAY! - What a great day to join in on the fun share with Nancy (A Rural Journal) called, Random 5 Friday.
CLICK TO ENLARGE PHOTOS:
1. This has been bugging me all week...Last Saturday I was in the park with Coleen and we saw a Bridal party arrive to have their pictures taken. We wandered over nearby where I took a few pictures of Coleen. Then I snapped a quick photo of the Bride & Groom and we sat down to watch. I took one other picture of a squirrel in the tree above us when the Photographer came over and "politely" informed me that the Bridal party would like me to stop taking pictures as it was distracting them. I didn't take any more photos and we left shortly after that but I was irritated that he had the nerve to ask me not to take pictures. It's a PUBLIC park and I should have been able to take photo's of whatever I wanted. What do you all think? Here is the photo I took: This is actually cropped so I was really not that close to them to start off with.
2. I feed birds & squirrels. This week the birds were out in record numbers along with the squirrels one morning. I had, American Crows (very large black birds), Magpie's, Chickadee's and Mourning Doves. I love those doves and have been trying to get a photo of them for ages. This is the best I've ever gotten. Taken through the living room window and again cropped for a better view.
3. A funny thing happened that morning when I was putting out the seed for the birds. A woman stopped across the street and called out to ask me what I was leaving out for the birds. We chatted awhile and then she told me that her name was, Carolyn. I said that would be easy to remember since I had a sister-in-law named, Carolyn. I told her my name was Ida and would you believe she said, "Guess what? I have a sister-in-law named, Ida! - What are the chances of that happening.
4. Coleen keeps me laughing with funny things she says. Once this week she came in after playing with my mom's dog, Pixie and said, "Pixie, Nurpled Me." I asked what on earth she meant and she explained the Pixie bit her boob (aka nipple) hence the made up phrase Nurpled.
Today she was off from school for Conferences and after she got up I said, "Hey Coleen, you're late for school." - She looks at me and with that disgusted tone she gets she replied, "Grandma there is no school today. I may have slept late but I didn't sleep dumb!"
5. We took a scenic drive in the afternoon on Thursday. Went up over Scenic Loop and back down and then decided to take a road that I don't ever remember being on. Well it turned into this very narrow, gravel road that wound way up a bunch of steep hills and then back down the valley. We saw some great scenery along the way and had a fun time on the drive.
Here is one of the views we saw:
A view of the Walla Walla Valley - We were in Oregon where this view was taken. If you enlarge this photo just past the white grain elevator in the middle of the photo you should see a white water tower and a bunch of white buildings. That is the Washington State Penitentiary. - Yes it's located in Walla Walla. We had the choice of being the State Capitol or having the State Penitentiary (why didn't we choose the Capitol?) Oh wait I'm glad we didn't now. Who would want to live where a bunch of .....best not to say what I was really thinking!!!.