This week I thought I would share bits & pieces of my week so far.
1. As is our tradition around here all the Christmas lights and decorations outside come down the day after New Years. Hubby piled up all the chords on the floor and the cats seemed fascinated by them so I snapped their picture.
2. Sunday it snowed here. We haven't had a lot of snow this winter but more than we've had the past couple of winters. I'm so not a fan of winter but those big fluffy flakes coming down were pretty and made for a nice photo opportunity.
3. Monday was the anniversary of my dad's passing. My mom & I took flowers out to his grave in remembrance. When we got there the flowers we had taken out for Christmas were frozen solid (yes I put water in the vase) so I had to take the vase (wilted frozen flowers) home and thaw it out then drive back to place the new flowers on the grave.
4. This photo has nothing to do with the story I am about to tell but I enjoy watching the crows outside so I snapped this shot of them on the wires.
So now for the story...Tuesday morning I arrived at the bowling alley and got out of the car along with my mom. I opened the side door on the van and said, "Get back in mom, we have to go back home." - She's like..."Why?" - Well guess what? I forgot my bowling ball!!! - Needless to say I barely made it back to the alley in time to throw a few practice balls before the league started. Still I did halfway decent...146-190 and 134. That last game I lost concentration when the lanes kept breaking down.
5. At Christmas I found a great jello salad recipe that called for jellied Cranberry sauce. I had some problems opening the can and discovered something funny. Well at that time I didn't take pictures of the can but I made the same salad again this week and discovered the same thing with the can. See if you can figure it out from the pictures below.
Have an idea yet?.....Scroll down for the next photo.
Did you figure out what was wrong? - I wonder how many of these cans went through the assembly line like that. I thought something was wrong with our can opener at first but it was just the label on the can is "upside down!"
That's it for my week. Don't forget to stop in and check out the other particpants. - Have a great weekend.