1. Don't they look peaceful and sweet. The one on the left is Miss Dottie and she is nearly 16 years old. The one on the right is Harley. He'll turn 8 in late April.
Well last Thursday evening they were anything but peaceful and sweet. I was watching television when all of a sudden the female ran into the living room followed by the male who then proceed to viciously attack her. I tried to get him off of her and he bit my arm and then cornered her and begin attacking her again. I yelled for my granddaughter upstairs to come help and she also got bit by Harley but I was able to grab Dottie up and get her away from him. We ended up having to keep them separated for 2 full days from each other. What caused this strange bizarre behavior? Well it's called, Redirected Feline Agression. You can read about it HERE:
Let me tell you it's pretty scary when it happens. Thankfully after a couple of days they settled back into their normal sweet selves again.
2. I went out to look for a few signs of spring the other day and spotted several of these Water Stridders (we call them water skippers) in the little stream just a few houses away from where we live. Wikipedia has a lot of information on them that is quite interesting.
3. Coleen and I drove out past the area where we spotted the deer last year and low and behold there were a couple in a field. We stopped to watch them and before long those two were joined by others. These are White-Tail deer. You can read more about them HERE:
4. On my walk the other day looking for fences I spotted this sweet scene:
Mallard Ducks in some shrubbery. Another sign spring is on the way as I've seen several pairs of ducks or 2 males & a female together already this month. These two were across the street from out local park which is home to lots of ducks and other birds. Apparently you can find a political cartoon: Mallard Fillmore which features a mallard duck. Is nothing sacred anymore!
5. I spotted this fun little figurine while out on my walk as well.
1. Green Eggs & Goats
2. Eden Hills
3. Baby Goats and Friends
Well that's it for this week. I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Have a great weekend.