Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Book Review - Small Magic by Terry Brooks

 Small Magic: Short Fiction, 1977-2020 by [Terry Brooks]

Welcome.  It's been awhile since I've done a book review so hopefully I'll do this one justice. 

Terry Brooks is my absolute favorite Science Fiction/Fantasy author.  I've pretty much read every book he's written so when I received an advanced copy of this book (Net Galley) I couldn't wait to dive into it.

The book is a collection of 11 short stories by the author.  They feature characters from some of his other series so if you are familiar with his works you will be delighted to revisit these favorite characters and learn more about them.  If you've never read any of his books you will still enjoy the short stories because they are filled with very interesting characters and plot lines that are sure to capture your imagination.

I thoroughly enjoyed these shorts stories and would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fantasy novels.  The only bad part for me was that I found myself wanting the stories to continue as they captured my attention and made me want to find out more about them and how the story would end.


7 comments:

  1. i don't read much science fiction but I do love short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the problem with good short stories, we want more, but kudos to the authors, that's the purpose I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoy the short stories, but to me a good book leaves you wanting more. That tells me this is a really good read.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more of a mystery buff myself. I've never quite been able to get into fantasy. The girl I work with absolutely loves them and is always telling me about the latest one she's reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderpurr job of reviewing this book. It sounds enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to review. So many readers enjoy a novel, but never think to post a review. My momma is an author too, and frankly getting reviews is like waiting for Santa Claus in May. Hope you enjoy a wonderpurr week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you enjoy the short stories, but to me a good book leaves you wanting more. That tells me this is a really good read.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥click here for info

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.