Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Lost and Found - A Tale of the missing coffee mug

 Please Read entire story:


Many years ago back in 1998 (the year my dad passed away) I received a coffee mug from a "Secret Pal" from the women's group at the church I belonged to at the time.  - I loved said cup,  It was black with a red heart rimmed in gold.  A very (artsy) type heart.

One day the cup went missing and I searched and searched for it.  I thought I might have taken it to the Bowling alley and left it but they said no such cup had been found.  I thought maybe my Granddaughter had used it and it was somewhere buried in all the stuff in her old bedroom. - She use to take coffee cups up to her room which is why I thought she had taken it. - It became a long standing "joke" that whenever she was looking for something in her room I'd ask her if she found my coffee mug.  This went on for about the last 8-10 years and she would get very annoyed with me when I'd ask her about finding my cup.

Mike had even said that he thought he had seen the mug somewhere but just couldn't remember where it was. He thought maybe it might have been one that had gotten mold in it up in her room and been thrown away.  She thought it had gotten broken and thrown out.


Sometime last month I was looking for something on E-bay and saw a photo of my mug for sale.  I made a bid and and got the cup.  Then I decided to play a trick on Jupiter by putting the cup in a box in her old room and calling her over to say that I had found my cup at long last (I know, pretty mean) and she fell for it until I started laughing.


Then I had to tell her that it really wasn't my long lost mug that I had just found one just like it and bought it. She had a good laugh about my prank on her.


Flash forward to today...I was out in hubby's office trying to help him find the dog shampoo and happened to look over on his desk.

Do you know where this is leading....








I look over on his desk and see this...I'm thinking why is my coffee mug on his desk.  Then the light bulb comes on and I realize this is the exact cup that I have been trying to find for the last 5-6 years! The gold around the rim and bottom of the cup is gone because it got washed so much in the dishwasher.  Will hand wash the new one now to prevent that.

I don't know how many times I've been out in his office and never once noticed that the cup was on his desk.  Needless to say I felt pretty stupid.  Had to call my granddaughter over and show her.  Then I apologized to her for accusing her all these years of having my cup and losing it.

All's well that ends well I guess.  Both coffee mugs will remain now where they are.

2 comments:

  1. What a story! And your husband never even thought if it when you asked about the mug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That is just too funny. Especially since your husband had said he thought he saw it somewhere but couldn't remember where...lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.