Happy Friday! - Summer is sure winding down fast. School for Coleen starts in 12 days. - In some ways she is ready to head back but in others she's still wanting to enjoy being "lazy" and staying in bed until 10:00 in the morning.
1. So do any of you watch the show, Skin Wars? - I got into it midway through the 1st season and have been keeping up with the current season. I've even gotten Coleen interested in watching with me. So one day she comes out and has "body painted" her leg. Here she is with her art work:
Here is closer view of her art work: So do you think maybe someday she might compete on Skin Wars?
2. One afternoon earlier this summer we stopped at our favorite local produce store. As we parked we spotted this deer in a small corn field next to the store. It proceeded to move into another field where I captured this sweet shot. We love finding deer to photograph.
3. Have you seen the commercial with the "Free Range Chicken" commercial for Geico insurance?
Well we have our own free range chickens as the neighbors next door to my mom have chickens now and they just let them roam free. Quite often they visit my mom's yard to eat the food we leave out for the squirrels and birds.
Here is one of them:
4. Do you like finding new stuff to photograph? I do. The other night I was driving home and spotted some flowers in an alleyway. Thankfully I had my camera with me so I stopped and photographed them. I had no clue what they were though so I "googled" - White Squash Like Flowers With Spiky Seed pods. It worked as I discovered what my flowers are. You've got to love Google!
Here is the seed pod:
So do any of you know what these flowers are? - After googling the above I learned they are called, Moonflowers because they tend to bloom at night.
These must have been confused though as it was around noon when I took these photos.
5. About a week and a half a small kitten showed up on my mom's front porch. We had no clue where it came from. It ran when we tried to catch it. Then we spent the next week leaving food out for it behind our house. It would hide in the brush and junk between our back fence and the back neighbors. We could get it fairly close to it but could never seem to get it caught. I snapped this photo of the kitten sitting on a piece of the fencing.
We think someone "dumped" the poor thing. After several days of feeding the kitten - Which Coleen had decided was a girl even though we didn't know for sure and had even named her, we managed to catch it and took it to the Vet to be checked out.
It turns out it was indeed a female kitten and well you know the rest of the story......
Have a great weekend.