Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Whatever" Wednesday - The Bennington Lake Edition

Last week I took Coleen and my mom for a drive up to Bennington Lake on Thursday just to look around a bit and get out of the house for a few minutes.  We didn't stay long but I did snap a few pictures and then on Friday I took Coleen back and we walked around much of the lake for a couple of hours.  It was fun and we saw a lot of different things while we were there.

Some of my pictures today are from the first trip but most are from when Coleen and I went back.

This is just a small section of the lake with a plowed wheat field in the background.

Coleen wanted me to take a picture of this grasshopper we spotted in the parking lot.

I snapped a picture of her down at the lake.

This next bunch of pictures are the deer that we spotted the next day when we went back to the lake.  Coleen spotted them just after we got out of the van.  I had the "Grid Overlay" on trying to learn how to use the "Rule of Thirds" so I wasn't even sure that I had the deer in the shots but after I got home I discovered that I had managed to get pictures of them.  There were 4 deer (all Does) that came out from the brush on the hill above us.  I've cropped most of the photo's so you could see them better.

In this photo you can see 3 of the deer.  The third one is hidden in the brush but if you look closely you can spot her.

Now you can see deer #3 as she emerged from the brush.

This photo shows the 4th deer coming out from the brush as the others were taking off running.


Tail on alert, deer #4 decides it's time to high-tail it off to join the others.  By the way these deer are referred to as, "White-Tail" deer,  Can you see why?

Finally a picture of one of the many Dragonflies that were flying around the lake.  I love the pretty blue color this one has.

Over the weekend there was a sighting of a "rare" bird,  "Wilson's Plover" at the lake.
Apparently this bird has never been seen in Washington state before and is protected under the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act.  I was a little early I guess in my trip to the lake as we were there on Friday and this rare bird wasn't spotted until Sunday.

Oh well, It was still a very enjoyable trip. - In fact at one point during our walk around the lake I spotted a Doe and two young deer, not exactly sure if they were Fawns but most likely twins born earlier this spring.  They were drinking from the lake or a stream running into the lake. and actually playing.  I watched as they darted around each other and jumped into the lake and back out.  It was really cute.  The only problem was my zoom lens isn't strong enough to have gotten decent pictures and I had no binoculars either to watch them up close but still I could tell that they were playing and it was really fun to see that.

Have a great day.

6 comments:

  1. What a great couple of trips! Where is Bennington Lake from Walla Walla? When we were at Crater Lake, I saw many dragonflies buzzing about, but none ever landed so I could try to photograph them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you were able to get pictures of the deer and the dragonfly! It looks like ya'll had a lovely day at the lake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida,

    I love all these photos from your walk around the lake. That dragonfly is really beautiful, too.

    And thank you for your kind remarks on my blog today and earlier. I appreciate hearing from you.

    Sending you peace...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots of the deer! That's beautiful country! Nicely colored dragonfly, too. It looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a wonderful place to visit and spend time. Great photos, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... That's and amazing bug shot. I love the wings and the shadow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.