Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Photo Art Friday - March 15, 2013

Welcome to Photo Art Friday ! - Here you will find many wonderful pieces of photo art.  Bonnie offered up the "optional" theme of Portrait this week. 

Here are my contributions:  These 1st two pieces are photo portraits of our neighbors cat, Helix.  For this one I used a great texture that I found here:  Lenebem-Anna has lots of very cool looking (Free) textures you can use for your photos. I added the photo frame in Pic Monkey.




Same kitty,  different look and texture:


This one uses a Kim Klassen texture called, Organic.  You can find it here:

Finally a piece that I played around with (a lot).  Do you think it's a bit much?

I started with a photo of Coleen and the Clown at the Kid's Rodeo that the communtiy college put on last week.  Then I added Bonnie's texture: Vintage Vellum and then a layer of a Weave texture from Pic Monkey that resembled Denim jeans.  I added a frame that I found and inverted the color to white and then erased out areas over their faces etc... to get the end result.










22 comments:

  1. All of these are so good - totally like the last photo image - happy faces -- love that and all dressed up!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first image of the cat. Your rodeo duo edit is stellar!!! It really gives it an authentic vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Ida! My favourite is the first image of the cat. I've got a dog and a cat, so I'm a sucker for shots like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, Ida!!! these are wonderlicious and so creative!!

    I love your last "hurrah" here very much. it's quite an unusual take and clearly the result of a very busy brain that has amazing vision!!!

    have you made some changes on your website?! I am noticing some sparkle and shine, but realise it may BE my own lack of attention to detail recently.

    wonderful stuff!! thanks for the links, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first cat portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Så fina porträtt på katterna. Ha de gott i helgen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite is the first cat photo. Love the frame as well. And the last one is cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these, the texture effects etc in the last one are strong but they work well, I love that, they look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think it's a bit much at all, Ida, I think all of these are really special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must confess that the picture of the cat is my favourite. The other one is fine, but the cat ... wonderful.
    Best whishes.
    Mormor Norway :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are fun photos, Ida. Thanks for the link to the texture too - it's a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job with your textures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the first shot of the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, wonderful textures and framing. Really a nice cat. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... wonderful work you have done .. I love the ones with the cat :) - I will try to fix it.. at my blog so you can make comments.. Hugs and thanks for telling.

    http://www.starone.dk/b2/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice editing! I'm just starting to use textures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ida, I really like what you have done with your images..I really, really like the first one but all of them are great..

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all gorgeous Ida, the first of Helix (great name) is my favourite but I really love the work you did on the last one. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You did an amazing job with all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, I do love cats... :) The final picture is gorgeous, though - excellent editing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.