RANDOM 5 FRIDAY and WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE.
So let's get started with the party. Click to Enlarge Photos.
1. Yesterday my hubby saw his Primary Care Doctor again and asked him about being on the Plant Based Diet that the Cardiologist was trying to push him into. He said he felt it would be okay if he followed more of the Mediterranean Diet and that it would hurt him if now and then he had say a piece of Pizza or a Hamburger as long as he didn't over do it and tried as much as possible to avoid junk food, processed foods and lots of sugary stuff. I think we can deal with that a lot better then just eating plants.
(Saw these pretty spring flowers while out walking yesterday. - Edited with the Watercolor Effect on BeFunky.)
2. We still eat meat and I found a good recipe for Turkey Meatloaf that uses Granny Smith Apples in it. Normaly I don't like meatloaf that much but I actually liked this recipe. You can find it here at Dishing It Up With Lisa.
I didn't have any Panko Bread Crumbs so I substituted 1 cup of Oatmeal and I didn't have the Balsamic Vinegar so I used Apple Cider instead. My crust didn't brown up like hers though so next time I'll try to have the right ingredients. Speaking of turkeys.....
(Coleen and I spotted this wild turkey in someone's yard while on our way to the store last night. I didn't have my camera with me so I hurried back home and got it hoping the turkey would still be there when I got back. It was and I snapped several photos of it. This is one of them.)
3. I need to buy some new pants. Prior to Mike's heart issue I had decided to see if I could lose weight and have now dropped almost 15 pounds. My pants are getting quite loose. It's hard for me to find jeans though that fit and are comfortable. I'll be jean shopping later today & hope to find just the right type of comfy jean that isn't overly baggy looking.
4. We are in the 60's this week and next. It's so nice to see blue skies and sunshine. While out walking the dog yesterday I spotted this little scene on someone's porch and I thought it was so spring like I just had to share it.
Don't you just love the pretty rainbow of color.
5. A big Music Festival is planned for Walla Walla in August. Artists,
Mumford and Sons and Foo Fighters are the artists listed as already being showcased along with other as yet unannounced artists. It's going to be quite something. You can learn more about it here: I've not heard of these artists as I'm still stuck in the 70's for music but here is a sample of Mumford and Sons .
I liked the tune of this song and the beat but the use of the (F-word) just isn't my thing. Sorry but I don't find that necessary to get a point across.
Today instead of something "creepy" that I've seen in people's yards how about something sweet and lovely. This little Angel with a Bird caught my eye. I think she's adorable. I just wish the dead looking rose bush next to her had been trimmed down a little.
Don't forget to stop by Nancy and Tanya's blogs and have some fun with Random and Willy-Nilly thought. - Have a great weekend.