RANDOM 5 FRIDAY and WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY 5
Plus I will be sharing as well for (Feline Art, Feline Friday and Follow-Friday for Fill-In Fun.) Yes it's a lot to take in so hopefully you don't get overwhelmed with everything. I could do separate posts if it's too much. Let me know what you all think about including so many memes in one post.
So let's get started:
1. Last Sunday when we got home from church we discovered that my mom's dog, Pixie had gotten out as the back door hadn't been closed tight enough and the little stinker pulled it open. The Animal Control Officer had picked her up and left us a note. Needless to say we were quite bummed out about this, especially my mom. After doing some calling and pleading we were able to get her dog back. Let's just say that we got her back on a Sunday by the "Grace of God" and a very kind ACO. Speaking of dogs.....
You all haven't seen our Pug, Cricket in awhile so here she is. I wish she wasn't panting all the time so I could get a good picture of her with her mouth closed but I think this one is pretty cute anyway.
2. Spring is in the air here and boy do I love it. The flowers are starting to bloom and the trees are leafing and budding out. Such a pretty time to take a walk especially when you can see this:
3. Last week I mentioned that we are gearing up for a big concert here come August 13-15. It's been generating a lot of news around here. What's funny is now people are starting to complain about the location of the concert. Home owners are worried about the noise and the crowds walking around the neighborhood, the city planners are trying to figure out traffic control, crowd control etc... Shouldn't they have thought all that out "Before" booking these groups to play here.
4. This weeks (creepy) neighborhood find. - A Chinese Dog/Lion? Which is it? These people have two of these things side by side. I find them a bit creepy looking. Speaking of Creepy... What do you all think of Mattel's new Talking Barbie - I had one of those Chatty Cathy dolls when I was a kid and remember me & my cousin playing together with our dolls one night when she was staying over, I never thought of it as being creepy but this Barbie I think goes a bit to far.
5. Wow Easter isn't far off and I was excited yesterday to see that the "Egg Tree" is up again. I can't remember why this lady puts the eggs on the tree but I think it's really fun and so cute and springlike.
Also sharing this shot of Peaches (below) for Feline Art Friday:
Here is the original:
- The worst ____________ is _______________
- I would rather____________________ than _____________
- I can ________ but I wish I could ________
- The song ________________ evokes memories of _______________
My answers: 1. The worst part of getting older (I have a birthday next Friday) is more aches and pains as each year passes.
2. I would rather be at the beach than in the mountains.
3. I can sing but I wish I could play the piano.
4. The song, How Great Thou Art evokes memories of my dad, it was his favorite hymn.
Hope you had fun here today. Be sure to stop back by next Friday as it's my birthday (20th), the first day of spring and I will be celebrating with a little Giveaway.