It's Thursday and time for GOOD FENCES hosted by Theresa (The Run-a-round Ranch Report). It's a place where you can view fences from all over the world. So what's so cool about fences? - Well stop by and check it out and I think you'll understand.
So does anyone remember this Concrete Block Fence I posted back in February?
I thought it was pretty neat and different. I was driving around the other day and spotted a different concrete block fence. This pattern is quite different from the square pattern of the other concrete blocks so I thought I would share it with you.
In this shot you can see a "rug" draped over the fence and the wooden fence on the front side of the yard.
So which pattern do you like better? I'm leaning towards the circle pattern shown here today.
So don't forget to stop by Theresa's blog and check out the other participants.
Now for the Blogging Award: Annie (McGuffy's Reader) Nominated me for a Blogging Award last Friday. It's called the Creative Blogger Award. I just want to say, Thanks to Annie for nominating me for this award.
There are a few (rules) or suggestions as I like to call them for receiving this award:
A.) Thank the one who gave you the award. - Which I've already done above.
B.) Link to the blog of the one who gave the award to you. - Ditto above.
C.) Tell five things about yourself. - This part is always hard for me. Does that count as one of my five things? No...well then if you insist here are 5 things you may or may not care to know about me.
1. My favorite actor of all time is, Robert Redford. I don't think though that I have a favorite actress although I have enjoyed every film that Audrey Hepburn made so perhaps I'll go with her for my favorite.
2. I love music of all types but really don't like (Rap or Opera). My favorite though is Classic Rock and yes I'm stuck in the 70's. Favorite Group: The Eagles, which I've had the thrill of hearing in concert a few times.
3. I've got a "sweet tooth" and love baked goods. I feel the urge to bake something off of Gina Kleinworth's blog. Perhaps these: They look pretty sinful and delicious.
4. This is no secret to anyone who's visited my blog before, I love cats. Cats of all kinds. Lately we've started bringing in Eric (the cat). Someone recently commented that I'd mentioned he was a neighbors cat and asked why we were bringing him inside our house then. True he (did) belong to some neighbors but he was an outside only cat and he started hanging around our place and we were feeding him and taking care of him and he decided to stay around. I talked to the owner about him and she said, "He apparently chose you and we don't mind because we know he's being loved." - So now he spends a lot of time inside (especially at night) and occasionally during the day and we're calling him our cat now.
5. I'm afraid of flying. I've flown before though but really don't enjoy it. I'm always thankful when the plane is back on the ground.
Finally nominate other bloggers.
Here are a few I enjoy: You don't have to accept the award but if you do please play along the best you can.
Shug...My Steps of Faith - She always has something fun on her blog and is such a positive person. She's got a great fence there today for Good Fences.
Heather-Our Life In A Click - Heather has great photos, good recipes and fun crafts to share. I always enjoy popping by her blog.
Lynda - Farm-ily - She's a new to me blogger that I've recently started visiting but I love her blog. Since I'm sort of a city girl it's fun to learn about farming and she has great photos of farm life that I think you'd enjoy even if you aren't into farming.
Gail - At The Farm - Again she is also a new blogger I've recently started visiting. She's learning photography and doing a fine job I think. She writes poetry as well. I find her blog very interesting and I think you will too.
Those are just a few of the many blogs I visit and enjoy. I hope you'll check them out.
Have a great day.