Hello & Happy Friday. - I'll be participating today in the following Memes:
Please click on the highlighted link to be taken to that link-up.
1. I love Spring - It's my favorite season of the year (followed by Fall, Summer and Winter in that order). So yesterday for Good Fences I had posted a picture of a fence with some tulips in the background. I promised to show them off better today so here they are. - These are also part of Six Word Friday where the word was (Break) this week.
Break forth, Oh Joy of Spring
Your beauty makes my heart sing!
2. Coleen and I enjoy taking photo walks/drives to see what we can find. Yesterday she spotted something in a yard and walked over to see what it was. She called me over and look what she found.
Isn't that fun.
3. I enjoy creativity and seeing how talented people can be. A friend sent me some pictures of some artwork that I think you might enjoy. Click on this link to see Chalk Art by David Zinn (Street Art Utopia) I had a little fun of my own with some digital art. See below:
Feline Art Friday this week.
Original photo - SOOC
4. With the nice weather comes lawn mowing (thank goodness our Son-in-Law, Kelly now mows the lawn for Mike & my mom) and weeding. I trimmed rose bushes back last week as they took a really hard hit with the cold snap this past Novemeber. I'm happy to report that new green shoots are coming up from the bushes but it will be sometime before we have roses this year. Yesterday I snapped off a dead piece on one bush and it broke off and slammed my hand into another piece of dead wood with lots of thorns....Ouch!
So here is another find from our walk. Anyone know what this plant is? Coleen said it had thorns (I didn't look to see if it did or not). It does not however look like a rose bush.
These are my photos for Orange You Glad It's Friday (Life's Sweet and Spices) which I haven't participated in for some time. I think they are gorgeous blooms.
5. You know the song, Paint It Black by the Rolling Stones, right? - If not there is a line that goes: "I see a Red Door and I want to Paint It Black." in the song. Every now and then I see Red Doors on houses around town and I'm reminded of that song. So imagine my surprise when we spotted this door on our walk:
Bonus: On our walks we often encounter people's cats and we stop to take pictures of them if we can. This little beauty belonged to the people who live in the house above. She started towards us but got shy when the owner opened the door so I didn't get to many shots of her.
Please give this photo a caption and I'll choose the best one and post the winning caption on my blog next week.
This is also being shared for Feline Friday (The Burnt Food Dude)
So that's it for this week. I'm not sure if Tanya is doing Willy-Nilly Friday Five this week as she hasn't posted for it yet. Just click on the link to her blog and hopefully she'll put it up. Happy Easter!