So today let's have some fun and join Tanya (Around Roanoke) for:
WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE
1. I've decided to try and post a "Positive or Inspirational" quote at least once or twice a week on my blog. I am so tired of all the protests, riots, whining and complaining about the President, people demanding "their rights" etc...that I could just throw up. - Life is to short for that sort of stuff. I figure if people look for the positive instead of the negative the world would certainly be a better place. - Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that way either. I found a great quote by Willie Nelson this week and so I'm sharing that as my Inspirational/Positive quote for this week.
2. Here's a music piece that made me smile this week. I loved the Mary Tyler Moore show & MTM was a wonderful lady. - I found this great, albeit very different version of her theme song by rocker, Joan Jett. If this doesn't put some pep to your step nothing will.
3. It's another snowy day here in WallyWorld (oh goodie!) But I'm having a good time blogging, reading & watching TV. One of my favorites: The Price Is Right and my favorite game....Plinko was just played. Even though I don't win any of the money it's always fun and exciting when a contestant does. Today the lady won, $21,000.
4. As always my cats make me happy. Today I thought I'd feature,
Callie-Jo (aka - Wonky Face) for this very reason.
5. Thought I would take a walk outside and see if I could find something interesting to photograph and boy was I glad I did. Last week I mentioned in my WNF5 post that I've been seeing a large Woodpecker out at the feeders but could never seem to get a picture of it. Guess What.....I finally got one!
Even better than that.....
Now let's join Annie (McGuffy's Reader) for: FRIENDLY FILL-INS
Here are the Statements:
WEEK 39: February 3, 2017
1. My middle name is __________________.
2. ______________________ surprises.
3. The Super Bowl .
4. My favourite sport is .
Here are my responses:
1. My middle name is: Pauline I was named after both of my Grandmother's. (Ida was my dad's mom) and (Pauline was my mom's mother). When I was really young they called me by both names but when I started school my parents dropped calling me by both names but a couple of relatives always called me Ida Pauline (which I hated).
2. I love surprises but only if they are fun and not something like a pratical joke because those generally aren't that fun.
3. The Super Bowl this year doesn't really interest me as none of the teams I wanted to see play are playing. We'll probably watch though just to see the commercials although I've heard that some are doing "political" type stuff in their commercials and again I'm sick of that so maybe I won't watch after all.
4. My favorite sport is: Professional Bull Riding (again see last weeks post). It's exciting, dangerous, and one sport where no one can really cheat because a bull doesn't know how to cheat. Plus the cowboys all seem to root for each other to ride even though that may mean they don't win the event if the other rider gets a better score then they did.
So everyone be safe & warm if you are still having nasty winter weather. For those of you enjoying nicer weather....Lucky you!
Have a great day.