Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Adam West Day

I grew up in the 60's watching the "Original" Batman series starring,
Adam West.  Mr. West was born in Walla Walla on Sept. 19, 1928 so it was fitting that Adam West Day was held today in downtown Walla Walla.
Mr. West passed away June 9, 2017.

Joining Jesh (ArtworksfromJeshStG) for ALL SEASONS



                                          Click to Enlarge Photos:





Adam West Day banners lined Main Street


Business had various batman signs in their windows.  This one features Batman (Adam West), Robin (Burt Ward) and some of the characters from the series:  The Riddler (Frank Gorshin), The Joker (Cesar Romero), Cat Woman (Julie Newmar), and The Penguin (Burgess Meredith).


Children came out in droves many in Batman costumes like the little boy below.

Note his little sister is hiding behind him. - Don't you love how serious he looks.

A Replicas of the "Batmobile" used in the series was there for people to see as well.



Plus you could get your picture taken with Batman (not Adam West)


I managed to get Coleen to pose for a photo with Batman. 

It was a fun celebration. - Thank you Mr. West for all you did for our community and also for entertaining us all those years as the original,
Batman.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time but I was never into Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tribute for Batman! Of course I like the Bat mobile. Now you took a historic shot for Coleen, so she can show her kids(s) later who Batman was:) Great event for All Seasons! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that tv show too! Didn't know Adam West was from your town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I watched Batman as a kid, too. Holy Bat-mobile! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool post, Ida! I love all your photos. I remember loving the old TV series of Batman and I could never get the theme song out of my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun. I remember watching the original series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the last pic, Coleen looks great with the current Batman. I had to read the post to find out who Adam West was.. I have never seen a Batman movie, but I did read a few comics about him when I was a child. I enjoyed the pics of the batmobile would like to drive it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures, Ida! I had forgotten when they were going to do this or I would have come to join in the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What amazing costumes! And a great way to honor this special man. I love your new banner my friend. It's gorgeous...perfect for Fall! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I also grew up on Adam West as Batman! What a fun event. Looking back, it was all soon corny....but we didn't know any different. It was just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I also grew up on Adam West as Batman! What a fun event. Looking back, it was all soon corny....but we didn't know any different. It was just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks a a good time. I loved that original show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.