WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.
If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com
This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.
Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Random 5 Friday and Orange You Glad It's Friday
It's been a few weeks since I've participated in Orange You Glad It's Friday so I thought I would pop in today with this:
I'm not even sure what this plant is but I thought it looked pretty cool. They were in our local park in one of the flower beds.
Now let's join Nancy (A Rural Journal) for Random 5 Friday.
1. I miss our trees. We had these 3 big fir trees in our parking strip and the squirrels always came and played on the trees and I left peanuts for them to eat. It was so fun watching them play. Sadly one of the trees begin to die after it was topped out by the city due to it being too near the power lines. Well this spring they came and topped out the other 2 trees. Needless to say they didn't seal the tops and we knew it would just be a matter of time before they would start dying as well. So last week we had them all cut down.
Too much sunlight in the windows now in the mornings, no shade for my front flower beds and no squirrels to watch playing out my office window.
2. The bug hit our house this week. Coleen had one of her friends over for a sleep-over Sunday night. Monday she got sick and we found out that the other little girl was sick too. Seems they caught that 24 hour stomach flu bug. Ick!! - Greta came down with it last night. - I'm hoping it passes me by and more importantly my 84 year old mom.
3. I hate it when I can't find something that I know I've put somewhere that I should be able to find it. Only to be found when you least expect it. This week I discovered some missing ribbon that I've been looking for. The thing is I've been looking for it now for 2 years! I bought it to make Christmas cards with and couldn't find it in my craft room. After searching the room time and time again I just gave up on ever finding it. Then low and behold this week I had some ribbon out for my mom to look at. As I was straightening things up the tub of ribbon had gotten knocked over and when I started putting them back in the tub I noticed a full roll of red ribbon. I stopped to look at it more closely and wouldn't you know it, Yep, that missing 2 year old ribbon was right there all along and surely I must have seen it in the tub the first time I frantically searched for it two years ago (or maybe not)...perhaps some ribbon fairy whisked it away and decided it was time to put it back. Yeah, that's what happened.
4. I've had more time this week to visit blogs now that Coleen has wrapped up her swimming lessons. Still not getting by to comment on as many blogs as I'd like but am doing better. I want you all to know how much I enjoy your blogs and also having you pop by mine.
5. Got some new craft/stamping goodies this week. I'm starting to find time to do a little stamping again. It feels good. This one will be going to Coleen for her first day of 3rd grade on Sept. 3.
http://faithartistry.blogspot.com if you are interested.