It's Friday!!! - You know when I was working that phrase always excited me. These days, not so much since I'm home all the time and the days pretty much seem the same. But it is exciting to be able to join Nancy (A Rural Journal) for Random 5 Friday.
1. No squirrels are showing up at the sight of the vacant trees but the Crows are still enjoying the peanuts! - This little guy is on our back fence heading towards the squirrel feeder where they still visit on a daily basis. I just don't see them unless I'm out back.
2. I saw a Humming Bird this week. Sadly I didn't have my camera handy. Still I was thrilled to spot it and enjoyed watching as it landed for a few brief seconds on a nearby wire before flying off across the street.
3. The insects have been showing up more this past week. We found a Preying Mantis, a Katydid and an ugly Spider this week. See below. I don't mind photographing them but this thing ran at me...Eeeek!!!
He's lucky I didn't stomp on him after that. - Coleen spotted the Katydid on my mom's rose bush.
4. I enjoy baking and here lately I've had the chance to do more as I like to have some kind of a refreshment to serve at the Bible Study. Last night it was Soft Lemonade Cookies. Click on link for recipe. They turned out great and everyone loved them.
5. I'm off to take Coleen to the Fair!