Did you ever set out to take a photo of something specific and unexpectedly find yourself discovering something totally different? - Well that's what happened to me the other day. I had went for a drive to photograph a couple of specific things that I'd seen and wanted pictures of. As I was driving I spotted the freshly fallen snow on our Blue Mountains . I stopped to take this lovely photo (which does have a fence in it) and as I was getting ready to roll the window back up and drive off I happened to glance to my left at the field next to where I was parked.
What do you know here was this really cool rusty fence rail with some barbed wire and some twisted wire. Naturally I had to get a photo of it so I could share for Good Fences.
I found this to be a very unexpected but pleasant surprise. I hope as you are out and about that you find unexpected photograph opportunities too.
Have a wonderful day & don't forget to stop by Theresa's blog to check out the other great fences.
Things I am thankful for today:
1. The "unexpected surprise" like today's fence find.
2. That we had a nice group of girls show up yesterday for the Girls Club. We watched the movie, Soul Surfer about Bethany Hamilton and they all enjoyed it.
3. That my hubby is starting to get some work coming in. He just got his General Contractor's license and now that he's retired from the construction company he worked for he is setting out on his own. It's a scary but exciting time for him.
4. For the crows and other birds and the squirrels that I feed. It's so fun to look at the window and watch their antics.
5. For pretty autumn foliage to look at.