Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Christian Movie Review

I was recently contacted by a member of Fishflix and asked if I would be willing to review a Christian Movie and offer an honest review of it on my blog.  I was very happy to do so.

The movie that was sent to me was:
My Son, My Savior

I would say that this movie was put together very well and was easy to follow.  It told the story of Mary, the mother of Jesus and how it must have felt for her to learn that she would become the mother of the promised messiah.

It started out with Mary as a young girl learning about the history of the Passover and wondering when the messiah would come.

The story continued as Mary grew up and found that she was pregnant even though she was a virgin.

Since the movie was only 55 minutes long it covered a lot of ground in a very short time frame.

As the movie progressed through Jesus birth and the start of his ministry you are given insight into how Mary felt as she watched her son grow and become a teacher of the gospel.  Eventually she must be witness to his crucifixion as well.  It was interesting to have an idea of how Mary must have felt during her son's liftetime and the events that lead to his crucifixion and resurrection.

While I thought the movie was accurate biblically I also felt that at times it seemed a bit "rushed" to fit everything into the time frame of the movie.  I felt it could have extended a few of the scenes and even added a few more to explain more about Jesus ministry.  I did enjoy that many familar scriptures were quoted throughout the movie in such a way that you felt as if you were right there listening to the words yourself.

One thing that I felt was a "positive" of the movie is that if you were watching as a family it was easy to follow and understand so that your children wouldn't be confused as to what was happening.

Over all I thought it was a good movie.

6 comments:

  1. i imagine it was hard to fit the whole story in one hour...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review of the movie. That is a short amount of time to cover so much though

    ReplyDelete
  3. So little is actually known about Mary that it must have taken a lot of knowledge about the history of people back in her time and place to put this movie together. Very interesting review-- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does seem like a short amount of time to fit such an epic story into.

    Have a great week Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ida, You sure did a fine job writing up this review. I think I will put the movie on my list to watch. Thank you for stopping by my blog recently and your kind comment. Wishing you a fine week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.