Still trying to catch up with Good Fences - If you need to see that post click on the link.
RANDOM 5 FRIDAY and WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE.
This week was Spring Break here and I've had Coleen home all week so we've been busy doing different things and I just haven't had much time for being on the computer. I hope you'll all forgive me for not getting around to your blogs on time.
Anyway I'm joining in now with my Randoms for this week.
The flowering trees are still in bloom around here. This is the neighbors apple tree in the yard next to my mom's place. I love the blooms but we hate when they fall off (looks like snow and is a mess to clean up) - Worse yet they nerve do anything with the apples and then they rot and fall off the tree into my mom's yard where wasp get in them and we end up having to clean them up.
Yesterday we drove down to McNary Dam for something to do other than sit at home. Since it was Coleen's Spring Break she was able to take her friend along to enjoy the day. - This is a picture of the Dam's spillway.
The day before (Thursday) I took the girls out to Rooks Park so they could play and look around. I happened to spot a Heron and decided to try and get pictures of it. I managed to get 3 decent ones before it decided to fly off.
5. I enjoy Rooks Park as there are lots of pretty things to look at like this fern that hadn't yet unfurled.
1. I've been busy this week clearing the weeds out of my mom's flower beds (and mine as well) and planting flowers. This is some of her tulips blooming. I love the color and the way the sunlight seems to glow through them. - It's a lot of work keeping up with 2 different places but I'm managing a little at a time.
2. Coleen and her friend, Emilie enjoying the walk through Rooks Park.
3. We had hoped to see some Salmon at the Dam yesterday but it's the wrong time of the year for the Salmon run. Instead we did see this Crawfish in a tank inside the Dam's Visitor Center.
4. We still have lots of cats come to visit and eat the food we leave on my mom's front porch. This is the neighbor across the street's cat, Tiger showing up to see what was in the food bowls the other night.
5. I don't mind seeing snakes if they don't startle me and while we were at Rooks Park the girls spotted several snakes and I was lucky enough to get a picture of one before it slithered off into the rocks.
Linking up also to SATURDAY'S CRITTERS
Oops I forgot to link to FUN FRIDAY FAVORITES as well.
One of the signs just as you get ready to enter the Dam that tells about some of the history of the area.