I'm back today joining Tanya (Around Roanoke) for:
WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE.
Click to enlarge photos for better view.
1. Summer continues to be super busy. Lots of yard work being done. I spent 2 1/2 hours outside yesterday weeding, watering and planting a few more flowers. It's a lot of hard work but they sure are pretty to look at.
2. A few weeks ago I was in my mom's back yard looking into her planter box to see if the Mums had survived the winter. I happened to notice something really strange inside the box and took a closer look. Here is what I found.
Sorry the picture isn't clearer but I think you can tell that this is indeed a,
Peanut Plant. It seems one of the squirrels dropped this peanut inside the planter and amazingly it germinated. - Mind you peanuts don't sprout from Roasted Peanuts as a rule so apparently this one didn't get fully roasted as it germinated and I'm now growing a peanut plant. Here is what the plant looks like today:
3. I've been participating now for my 2nd year in a Photography Group called, 52 Frames and each week you are given a prompt to photograph. Today I'm sharing a small collage of 4 of my recent entries.
4. Does anyone know what this is?
It looks like snow doesn't it? It's not...We have a lot of these trees in this area and every summer people all over who have allergies wish we didn't. These are the seeds from a Cottonwood Tree. If you click on the link you can read more about different types of these trees.
5. Finally the other day my hubby came home and said that I need to take a drive down one of the streets in town to look at something he though I would enjoy getting pictures of and seeing. So I went and boy was I glad I did.
This is just one of the many pictures that I took. It happens to be a Metal Sculpture located at the Foundry Vineyards. It was a pretty windy day and this actually moves. I took a video of the sculpture moving (it's a bit shaky in parts) but I think you'll find it quite fascinating.
I hope you have enjoyed your visit here today. Have a great weekend.