You may have notice that I've been absent from the blogging world for a couple of weeks now. - I haven't been feeling well and developed a bad cough and just didn't have the energy to do much at all. - So sorry I have not visited any of your blogs during this time.
WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE hosted by Tanya from (Around Roanoke).
1. So how much would you pay for an Onion? Below is a wonderful Walla Walla Sweet Onion that I bought the other day.
The clerk was ringing my items up and she noticed that something seemed off on the total of my bill. Seems this onion was listed at costing, $24.79!
As it turned out the scale didn't register the onions weight and she had already entered a code for the tomatoes I was buying and it charged me the code price instead of the actual price of the onion. Whew...I know they are wonderful tasting onions but I wasn't about to pay that much for one onion.
2. So hubby and I are sitting out in the living room the other night watching TV when we here this loud bang. Thinking that one of the cats had knocked something off a shelf I went to investigate. Nothing seemed out of place and all the cats appeared to be fine as well. Then I noticed that the door to a little mini refrigerator we have was open and I thought that's weird. So I went to see why and discovered that we had turned it up to high and one of the cans of soda pop we had inside had frozen and exploded! It was a bit of a mess cleaning it up. This is the can after it exploded.
3. Our sweet Miss Dottie hasn't been feeling well lately either. We took her to the Vet two weeks ago and she had a mild infection in one of her ears and had bumped the tumor on the roof of her mouth opening it up. They put her on antibiotics and put some wax stuff in her ear to clear up the infection. She seemed to be getting better but I had to take her back again this morning for another wax treatment as the ear started irritating her again. Poor thing. She's 17 years old but they say she's in pretty good shape for a cat her age.
4. During one of my better days last week I tried out a new recipe for:
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats. (Recipe can be found here)
They were YUMMY!
5. Had a wonderful visit yesterday. One of my best friends that I have not seen in atleast 25 years was driving through this way and stopped in for a brief visit. It was so much fun seeing her again. She and her husband took us out to lunch and we had a great time with them.
That's it for me. Life has been busy and I don't always have time to stop by your blogs. Taking care of my mom is becoming increasingly more demanding so if I don't stop by as often it's not because I don't care anymore. I enjoy all your blogs & visits and want you to know I appreciate all of you very much.
Have a great weekend.