Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Friday, July 13, 2018

Willy Nilly Friday Five and Feline Friday

Yikes!  Summer is going by so quickly and I've not posted much about it.  Seems like I'm so busy trying to keep up with yard work, housework, taking care of my mom etc..that I barely have time to breath much less blog.  I miss it,  so every now & then I manage to do a post just to let you all know I'm still alive.

Joining Tom (The Backroads Traveller) for WILLY NILLY FRIDAY FIVE
and Sandee (Comedy Plus) for FELINE FRIDAY

1. June was a nice cool month and we had a nice surprise on June 29th with a tiny rainshower and a rainbow.  This is the best shot I could manage of the rainbow....


Others were much luckier.  You can view their shots HERE and HERE

That same evening the sunset was just wonderful and I snapped this shot of it:


 
2. Drove up to Bennington Lake one evening and spotted these colorful kayaks out on the lake.
 
 


3.  I also found some Queen Anne's lace to photograph.


Here is an "artsy" edit of the same photo.
 


 
4.  On the way out of the lake I spotted a Quail sitting on a fence post.  I quickly pulled into a nearby turnout and quietly got out of the car and got as close as I could without spooking the quail.  I've always wanted to get a shot of a quail like this.  Sadly I didn't quite get the quail in good focus but it's not a bad shot and I'll keep working on getting just the perfect shot of a quail.
 


 
5.  We didn't go out of town over the 4th of July but we did manage a picnic at one of the local parks.  Below are shots of us having a good time.
 


 
 
6.  Bonus shot of one of the many hanging baskets in our down town.
 


 
Now for FELINE FRIDAY....
 
 


A shot of Bandit watching one of the other cats.  He has such gorgeous eyes.
 
 
It's a HOT one here this week.  The high today is expected to be 102 so I'm leaving you with this musical selection.
 
 

 
Have a great weekend.  For those of you in the "Heat Wave" areas stay cool and safe.




20 comments:

  1. BLESSINGS AND HAPPY FRIDAY.
    wow the cloud action is spectacular.
    beautiful rainbow....
    your photos definitely say SUMMER.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...gorgeous sky, it's so HOT and dry here, I'd love to see a rainbow!
    ...the bright colors sure stand out.
    ...Queen Anne's lace is one of my favorites.
    ...that Quail image is a winner.
    ...looks like you had a great 4th of July.
    ...a colorful addition to your down town.
    ...great shot of bandit.
    Thank Ida for stopping by, please come again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunset is beautiful! So wavy and artistic. And I love the quail shot! He looks like a statue sitting there on the post. Bandit does have gorgeous eyes. I love seeing all of you having fun at the park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet kitty.... your photos are wonderful joys, of places, nature and people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely shots. Beauty everywhere you look.

    Bandit is a great looking kitty. You're right about his eyes.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, especially Bandit. I have actually made fried Queen Anne's lace, it was pretty good- kind of lemony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hanging basket! Love the cat photo!
    And The Lovin' Spoonful - great song!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos. I like the one of the quail. Sum at is moving along far too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning skies! These are great shots. Love the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. bandit is soooooo beautiful and I love the family shots of the 4th.. you are blessed to have them near. I have not seen a quail since I left Georgia, and I wonder if we have them here. you did great with the rainbow, I have never been able to get a good shot of one myself

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos! Love the quail and that pretty cat so much! Gorgeous skies! Boy, the Lovin Spoonful brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos Ida! I especially love those gorgeous skies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that quail shot and the Queen Ann's Lace. That's one of my favorite wildflowers!! Summer is flying by, you're right. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sky and rainbow! I love the quail shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! love that flaming sunset. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the quail shot is superb! I also like the bright spots of color added by the kayaks on the lake - a simple but very effective photograph! Hope cooler temperatures are headed your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, bandit is gorgeous. The sunset is great and Ilove your other photos too

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for linking to my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.