Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Macro Monday 1-23-12 Frozen in Ice

Happy Monday! - I missed last week for Macro Monday so I thought I'd join in this week.

Due to the icy conditions outside the past few days I haven't really been out much so I wasn't sure I'd have anything to share.

I did manage to get out on Saturday and took a few photos outside around the house.  I'm sharing one that I took of a rose branch in my mom's flower bed.

 This was the side view and below was a view from the back where you can see one of the leaves encased in the ice.

23 comments:

  1. I know that these ice storms are so dangerous and destructive but they certainly make such things such interesting subjects to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ida! You don't have a link with your name anymore...nor is it possible to reply to your comments that come in my e-mail. Did you change something? We heard about your ice storm across the mountains; we didn't have it. We had heavy snow and then heavy rain and that was it. I'm so worried about the new shrubs and trees I put out last fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Those are some amazing icicles!

    Happy Macro Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice shots are pretty but sure makes me cold and reminds me of power outages-- hope we don't have any this year. Stay warm.

    Thanks for the MYM visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing shots. I'm guessing you must have had a lot of freeze / thaw to get the branches and leaves encrusted like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To wygląda niesamowicie, liść w lodzie szczególnie :-). Pozdrawiam. *** It looks amazing, especially leaf in the ice :-). Yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the ice encased the leaf but I also like those thorns surrounded by ice!
    We haven't seen anything this cold yet so far this winter. I miss taking winter photos. :)
    Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is so pretty. I love ice covered twigs and leaves. Don't like driving in it though or the mess it can make of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos. I love those ice shapes, beautiful colors, great! Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there - not much chance of us ever having an ice storm. Dust storm is more likely!

    Nice images.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent shots!

    http://blogg.birgittasplace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. While ice storms are really nasty, they leave some amazing beauty behind, it guess it's Mother Nature's consolation prize.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with leavesnbloom -- ice storms are a scary event, but the resulting images can be spectacular -- like yours! Great work, Ida. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots,I love how icicles make great shapes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting shapes of the ice. Great capture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Verkligen läckert. Tack för din kommentar. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! really stunning shots....:) thanks for dropping by my macro at www.kiddycorner.info

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pictures, I've never seen ice like that and I've never had a leaf-cycle. Awesome shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.