Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winter Magic

Well we finally hit 40 degrees today!!! - It's been a rough few days since the snow and freezing rain.  I know I've said this before and I think I'll say it till the day I die...I am so NOT a Winter person.  Didn't like it much as a kid and I like it even less as an Adult.
However....it does make for some lovely photo's so I guess the saying that there is beauty in everything must be true.

So for your viewing pleasure here are a couple of Wintery photo's that I took this week.

Branches from one of the 3 Fir trees we have in front of our house.




























I'm not sure what kind of a tree this is but those seed pods are pretty interesting and haven't fallen off the tree so the snow on top of them make for an interesting shot.  I just wish it was a little brighter.


Lastly I'm sharing a picture of my mom's dog, Rusty.  He looked so "peaceful" sleeping on the snow with the sun shining down on him.  He's 13 years old and is 1/2 American Eskimo and 1/2 Chow.  He was a pup from our two dogs (Angel-Chow and Rebel-American Eskimo) both of whom have now sadly passed away.

Hopefully winter won't last too long or at least we won't get much more of the "white stuff" because while it makes for pretty pictures it also makes it very hard to get around and I hate driving on icy roads.

4 comments:

  1. Rusty reminds me of our dog, Rex -- 1/2 lab and 1/2 Chow. He used to love to sleep on the snow, the colder outside, the better. He passed away last year.

    Great shots, Ida. Very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he is sleeping on the snow.Smuckers my dog goes out and rolls in it. Lucky you inherited the rats we have one at school. I never thought I would hold a rat. I even let him sit on my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tree picture...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what happened with your PAF entry Ida!! Such a fun subject too...
    But, I had to comment on this gorgeous dog! I never knew that the American Eskimo existed - how beautiful he is. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.