Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Willy Nilly Friday Five

Welcome! -  I've been absent from the blog most of the week. - I miss you all when that happens.  This year I am so behind with all my Christmas preparations that it's not even funny.  I still have shopping to do!


Today I thought I'd take a few moments and share in the fun of Willy-Nilly Friday Five.


1. Coleen had her Winter Piano Recital last night.  -  I took this photo of her in front of our Christmas tree just before we left for the recital.  She played quite well last night. - Something you might not know about me is that when I was her age I took Piano lessons for about a year but then my teacher moved away and my parents couldn't afford a different instructor.  I also took Viola lessons in Junior High (now called Middle School) for about a year as well. 

2.  This is a German Christmas Star ornament.  My Grandma made a bunch of these and my parents let each of us have some for our trees.  This one is my favorite.  I love the colors and it's a great way to remember my Grandma.  She was born in Russia but was actually German and came over to the US when she was just a year old.    I tried to learn how to make these but got stuck on the instructions and have never been able to figure them out.  There are different types of these stars.  Here is the website where I bought my instructions from if you'd like to give them a try.

3.  Tanya had asked in her Willy-Nilly Friday 5 if we would be having a "White Christmas."  -  Pretty much the odds of that happening here are "slim to none" - Which is okay by me.  In fact it's most likely going to be a,
(Wet Christmas) here this year.  It's raining today and rain is in the forecast for the next several days.  So that means I get wet while shopping today.
Anyway I found this neat website that shows what you can do in snow if you have lots of time and talent.

4. We bought my mom a new Nativity display for her yard.  This is the 3rd one she's had.  We started out with one that was really small and hung in the window.  Next we moved to a little larger one but this year I wanted something that matched the scale of her other decorations so we went with this one.  Although I had found one that was even cooler then this one but they wanted $6,000 for it!


5.  I took this shot of Eric the cat last week getting a drink in our driveway.  When it rains a lot the driveway fills up with water and forms what I jokingly refer to as the "Krause Lake".  - Speaking of cats....we put the tree up and most of the cats have been really good with it but yesterday
Spooky-boo discovered it's fun to pull ornaments off the tree. They spend a lot of time before Christmas now locked in the bedroom when no one is around to keep an eye on them.


Well that's it for me.  If you don't see me on the blog between now & Christmas I want to wish you all a wonderful holiday.  Thank you so much for your wonderful friendships.



 

24 comments:

  1. eric is a beauty. naughty tree-robbing kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star ornament are very pretty and it makes them more special since your grandma made it.
    I took piano lessons for a while too when I was a kid. My mother always wanted to play so she made me. : ) I play around with a keyboard now though I'm not very good but I do have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coleen looks so sweet and pretty in front of the tree. i know you were so proud of her. that photo of Eric is fantastic with the reflections. for years i searched for a nativity to put in our yard and there are none in our city.. now that i don't decorate any more, i have seen them on line, this is a nice one and I know it looks good at night

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ida, your Coleen looks pretty. What a beautiful photo of her and the tree. I like the pretty star ornament too. Great post and photos. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coleen looks so pretty for the recital. I played piano and loved it.
    Great photo of Eric and I love your mom's new lighted Nativity.
    Merry Christmas to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meet Christmas to you as well, dear Ida!
    What a fun post this was today.
    Your mothers nativity is wonderful! She must love having a larger one to enjoy. Wow! 6,000.00 for a nativity, it must be gorgeous! :-)
    I enjoyed seeing your precious little kitty. Nothing like rain water for a cool drink.
    How blessed you are to have an ornament such as that one, and made by the hands of your dear grandmother. I know you will cherish it for many more years.

    Sweet blessings to you, Ida.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks so pretty! I wish I had stuck with the piano longer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats are so funny and curious. I laughed at someone telling about their cat batting around an ice cube today...so funny. And I'll be the ornaments are a real temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brought tree in. Put on lights. Crossing fingers. If the thing is still standing tomorrow morning, will decorate it. Miss Josephine's first Indoor Tree Experience.
    Merry Christmas, Ida. Colleen looks adorable!
    xo, m & jb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo of precious Coleen and how wonderful that she is musically gifted, too. So nice to have your Grandmother's ornaments - a real treasure. Love your Mom's nativity - it really is a pretty one. I had to laugh about the cats - they do get naughty around the Christmas trees, don't they? I always find a broken bulb at least twice every season. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, my friend and many lovely blessings in the New Year! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to Colleen!
    I've also dreamed to play piano, but mother did not would to have a piano in the house. At that time no small electronic things like today ...
    I know these poinsettias good, very popular here. But I'm too clumsy to make it.
    In the past, often made of straw stars. And experienced something funny: I came homjust in the moment, like the cat had accidentally picked with his tail a star from the tree. - I saw the cat from behind with a raised tail ... and those was decorated with a star. - A unique sight of a Christmas cat!
    Your photos are lovely.
    Have a quiet Christmas time after all the works :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the Christmas photos! Have a great holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful and interesting post!
    I especially like the photo of Coleen. She looks very sweet.
    Merry Christmas, Ida, to you and your family! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great kitty photo and a very special little girl photo. She looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have a chance of a white Christmas in Virginia. Weather is coming but it could be rain or snow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll bet your mom's nativity scene looks beautiful in the dark night. I can't imagine what a $6000 nativity scene would look like! Colleen sure looks pretty and I can't believe how much she's grown since I first started following you. She's becoming quite the young lady! It's been raining cats and dogs here, too. I have to cross a river in our parking lot at work, so I have to wear my duck boots and change when I get inside. Today was a big rush for me. There's always so much more to do no matter how prepared I think I am!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the photo of the cat. Coleen looks beautiful in her blue dress!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got a White Christmas and after 40 some years of living with snow, I definitely know what to do with it. that can be interpreted in many ways, mostly depending on how much has fallen in a given amount of time and if I need to get out of my driveway. :)
    Love those German stars, I may have to try that. My husband's side is half German.
    Our cat likes to sleep under the tree, but so far has not pulled anything down. The presents with their colourful wrapping however - way too tempting. he's unwrapped one already.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous picture with Coleen!
    Thank you so much for the card I got in the mail. :) It is lovely!!! You did such an amazing job!
    I sent you something too. Not sure if you got it yet in the mail.
    Happy Holidays, Ida! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your German star is so pretty- I would love to learn how to make it. Very pretty nativity, also. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love hand made Christmas ornaments. They have such meaning....I have a lot of them from my hubby's aunt and each of my kids. I'd never get rid of them.

    Colleen is looking grown up! She is lovely. I know you are proud of her. I also took piano lessons for a year when I was a child....probably 9 years old. My piano teacher got pregnant and had to quit teaching. Whenever I would see her for the next 30 years, she would hug me and ask how I was ....such a wonderful woman. I only wish I could have continued the lessons at some point. I still love listening to piano!

    Love the kitty picture. And thanks for coming to see me at my blog. I just hope my computer doesn't crash again. Cross your fingers and toes for me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This was a fun post. The star ornament is lovely.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. we have made so many of our ornaments. if they are not homemade, they have very special meaning!!!

    colleen, she is just too cute and becoming a beautiful lady!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.