Time now to join Tanya (Around Roanoke) for WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE.
1. I spotted a new "Art Sculpture" (?) while out at the Ducky Derby Race. I snapped a photo of it. The piece is titled: Untitled No. 2 - It's a pretty odd piece of art work. Not particularly my favorite. What are your opinions.
2. Coleen spotted another find out on one of our walks. She found this pod thing on the ground and asked me what it was. I had no clue but it came from a tree and when we looked up we discovered this:
I took some photos then went home and Googled..."trees with yellow and orange blooms that look like tulips." That's when I learned this is called an American Tulip Tree. Yesterday another blogger Miyako (Orchid's Daily Voice) posted some photos of this type of tree. You might want to check her post out too. It will be towards the end of the post.
3. I've mentioned how every year we have a woodpecker come and peck on a nearby telephone pole for hours (it seems). Well recently the woodpecker was back but this time he brought a friend. Sorry but this is the best quality photo I could get. I'm not sure what type of a woodpecker this is either.
4. On the way home from the store one night Coleen and I spotted this in someone's parking strip area (that's a patch of grass between the sidewalk and the street for those not familiar with the term.) Actually the hive was apparently in a tree on the property but they had placed a hive on a ladder on the sidewalk. I drove home quickly and got the camera to take some pictures. This is one of the photos I took.
5. Last night was Coleen's spring Piano Recital. She played quite well this time and didn't seem to nervous.
Her piece was called, The Little Waltz. She's going to take the summer off from lessons and begin again in the fall. Thought you would enjoy seeing another shot of her taken after the recital.
Are you ready for cuteness...beside's Coleen?
The winning caption from last weeks CAPTION THIS:
A Colorful World.
On Monday I will have a Poll up with all the Caption This photos for last month for you to vote on. - There won't be a photo this week. Check back on Monday for further details.
Have a great weekend.