It's time to join Tanya (Around Roanoke) for the very fun meme: WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE.
1. Last Saturday my hubby, my mom, Coleen and I took a drive over to the Tri-Cities (Pasco, Kennewick & Richland, WA) to have dinner at the Red Lobster. On the way I tried to get some photos of some of the scenery. It's hard getting pictures through a dirty windshield and a hubby driving 70-80 mph. Anyway here is one of the shots I took of some Train Graffiti.
Normally I'm not a fan of Graffiti but I think it looks neat on train cars. For some really great examples of Train Car Graffiti check out this website: http://www.fatcap.com/graffiti-type/trains-1/pictures.html . I especially like the first photo on page 10 of that website. Apparently not everyone thinks of this as art though. Here's a link to an anti-train graffiti device:
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/mousetrap-sydney-trains-sniff-out-graffiti-vandals-with-new-technology-20150507-ggw34g.html I'm think though that it's designed more for people destroying the inside of commuter trains rather then the ones pictured above.
2. We also spotted these colorful beehives on the way.
3. Spring is in full force here now and that means time spent outside planting flowers, weeding and watering. Here is a shot of one of my Azaleas and a Martha Washington Geranium.
I also can't resist showing this snowball bush from someone else's yard. I love these bushes. Maybe I should get one.
4. I've had a long history of being afraid of spiders. They just creep me out. What's strange though is that since I started doing photography I've found myself less intimidated by spiders. I spotted this "Jumping Spider" on my mom's shed and took some pictures of it.
For some unusual spiders check out this link:
http://listverse.com/2010/05/01/top-10-bizarre-spiders/ or this one:
5. Are you a fan of the Terminator series? I am (I know you wouldn't have thought that about me) but it's true. Here's a sneak peek at the new movie:
I can't wait for July 1st, I'll be checking this one out at the Theaters for sure.
Some bonus stuff:
For Feline Art & Feline Friday:
Editing on BeFunky. - Bandit
Just one more:
Our two youngest. The newest edition Bandit is on the left and Spooky-boo is on the right. These two have become "best buds" and often sleep together and love romping and playing together.
Have a great Mother's Day to all you Mother's out there.