Now let's have some "random" fun by joining Nancy (A Rural Journal) and Tanya (Around Roanoke) for: Random Five Friday and Willy-Nilly Friday Five
RANDOM FIVE FRIDAY:
1. I've been participating in a Photography Group called,
52 Frames. Each week you are assigned a challenge or theme to photograph. This particular week the challenge was the color, Red. I thought a lot about it and then my "sick sense of humor" kicked in and I decided to do a Lobster Boil using Coleen's stuffed lobster. Here is the photo I submitted for the challenge. The story of the Lobster Boil will continue in my Willy Nilly photos so be sure to check out the entire post.
2. My mom & I went last Friday to get haircuts. I decided to do something different with my hair and I went "short" It's been about 30 years since I had hair this short. The first day after I got it cut I sunburned my neck! I had Coleen take a picture last night (I hate having my picture taken) so you can see the "new-do."
3. Last Saturday Coleen and I went up to the Park for the annual, "Spring Fling" as they call it. It's basically a lot of different vendors that you can browse through but they have performers throughout the day & a car show. I thought this Purple car was pretty neat looking so I took a picture of it.
4. For Mother's Day I received this lovely rainbow colored spinner.
I also got a smaller one but haven't yet taken a picture of it to share.
5. You haven't seen Piglet (our cat that lives next door at my mom's) in a long time. I snapped a picture of him lounging on her floor last night to share.
WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE:
1. Lobster Tale (Tail) continued....So during my photo shoot I got the brilliant (or not so brilliant) idea to turn the burner on to make it more realistic. I shot several photos and then decided I had enough so I turned the burner off and went to take Coleen's lobster out of the pot. To my horror I discovered that the heat had melted his tail!
I spent almost 2 hours sewing his tail back together enough that it looked halfway decent. Needless to say everyone had a good laugh about my lack of common sense. I guess we photographers will do just about anything for a photo shoot!
2. Sharing another of the 52 Frames challenges. This one was Macro shooting. It's not a super close-up but I loved how pretty this photo turned out.
3. Another of the cars from the car show.
4. This week my 2 nieces and my great nephew were able to come for lunch. It was a very "late" birthday lunch for my niece, Shelby. They always come for Maccaroni & Cheese. My niece, Krissy brought her little boy, Izak as well. He's such a darling little boy. I took some pictures of him. The settings on my camera were off a little from experimenting for another challenge but I think this shot of him is cute so I'm sharing it.
5. Finally a photo of my poppy plant as I learned last night how to finally get the color orange to look orange on my camera and not yellow-orange!
That's it for me this week. Don't forget to stop in and visit Nancy & Tanya's blogs.
Have a great weekend!