Hi! - Well my goodness it's been a busy month. I've missed the last couple of Random 5 Friday so today I thought I'd pop in with a few random thoughts. Nancy from, A Rural Journal hosts this fun little meme so be sure to pop on over and check it out.
1. What season is this supposed to be? According to the calendar Autumn started on Sunday. According to my Azalea Bush Spring is here instead.
2. Wildlife in our neighborhood is interesting to say the least. Tuesday my mom found a turtle in her front yard! She brought it inside and put it in her bathtub and then we called around to find out what we should do with it. Our neighbor had found it a couple of days earlier and put it in a little creek nearby. Apparently the turtle wasn't happy there and crawled back out. After checking around we were able to take the turtle to the city park and released it into one of the protected ponds there.
3. Traveling isn't as easy as it use to be. I think I'm still recovering from last Friday's trip down to the Oregon Coast and back on Sunday. Still I'm glad we went. If we hadn't I might have missed this funny moment.
4. Got caught in a thunderstorm the other night. I went to the store and it wasn't raining when I went inside. It started to rain just as I left the store. Then it turned into a torrential downpour. I had flip-flops on and no coat. Thankfully hubby had just got home when I pulled in the driveway and the sweet guy that he is he got me an umbrella so I wouldn't get soaked getting back into the house!
5. I love the cooler temperatures and being able to enjoy a nice hot bowl of chili...my mom's fixing for lunch today. I know lucky me, I don't have to fix lunch today. Thanks mom!