It's time to join Tanya (Around Roanoke) for
WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE. This is where you can share 5 Random thoughts, photo's etc....
1. Remember last week I mentioned waking up to find a weird chalky white substance all over our van from the rain the night before. If not check out last weeks post. Anyway come to find out it's been the source of numerous speculations as to what it actually was. It was said to be ash from various volcanoes around the world, from a dried alkali river bed in OR, dust from storms in CA, and even dust from the Hanford Nuclear Plant. They still have no clue what it actually was. I know what it was, A messy substance that left everyone needing to wash their cars!
2. We are FINALLY getting a new swimming pool in "Wally-world" again. The old Memorial Pool closed in 2006 and kids have had to use other pools every since. Last summer Coleen only took a couple of weeks lessons and we had to drive to nearby College Place for her to have a pool to swim in. They put up a Bond issue here 3 different times and each time it failed. This time it finally passed so the new pool should be ready by the summer of 2016.
3. The sun was actually out a couple of days this week. I took advantage and drove around looking for interesting stuff to photograph. Remember last weeks creepy "gargoyle" I spotted. Well check this out....
4. Studies are showing that eating foods high in cholesterol now isn't really that bad for you. I was taking Lipitor for that problem and just recently I decided that I was not going to take it any more. Partially because I've heard it causes some people to develop Diabetes and Liver Problems and partly due to the cost of the medication. Now I have another reason to not take it. Plus now I can once again eat, Grapefruit. I had one the other morning and it was delicious!
5. Need a sweet treat to make your honey or loved ones for Valentine's Day? A friend sent me this link and these sound delicious.
Spotted this plastic bag laying on a small toy chest around the house the other day and I noticed it was sending out a message. (I added the words).
Happy Valentine's Day everyone. You are loved and appreciated.
Now for a couple of cat art photos:
FELINE ART FRIDAY
also joining FELINE FRIDAY
Here is a sweet shot of Eric "the cat" laying on the couch last night. We've been letting him come inside for a few hours every night and he's been making himself right at home.
That's is for today. My camera is going to be out of commission again as I need to replace the USB port in it. The prongs bent and broke today...there goes at least $100 to repair it, plus waiting around for it to be repaired and sent back.
Have a Happy Valentine's Day and a Great Weekend.