Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 Days of Reflection - Day 2

It's Day 2 of my 31 Days of Reflection.  I had this "brilliant" idea about taking a shot of myself looking into the mirror but then I had a "duh" moment when I realized that if I'm pointing a camera at myself in the mirror what are you going to see...Yep, a shot of me with a camera in the mirror.  I don't own a Tripod so I opted to set the camera on a Timed Shot and have Coleen, my granddaughter click the button.  So am I looking into the mirror in this shot...not exactly but I like how it turned out except that you always get glare from my glasses which I don't like.  But it is what it is.

So why a picture of myself looking into a mirror?   I thought about how we all look into mirrors every day and see our own "Reflections" looking back.  Do you always like what you see?  Do you wish you looked different?  Are there things about the way you look that you like? For me I know that sometimes when I look into a mirror I am not always happy with how I look.  But is my reflection really who I am inside?  No, it's just the external me and what I really should be concerned about is how I am on the inside rather then the outside.  Oh that's not to say that I shouldn't try to look as good as I can but more that I should try to concentrate on what is most important and that is what kind of a reflection am I making to those around me who see me every day.

On a "lighter" note...One night when I got up to use the bathroom and get a drink of water I happened to catch sight of someone in the mirror that I thought was standing behind me.  It startled me so much that I jumped back through the bathroom door and landed on the bed a few feet away.  That woke hubby up and he wanted to know what was wrong.  I realized by then what had happened and was a bit embarrassed because I realized that it was actually my own reflection in the mirror that I had seen.  We have one of those 3-way panel mirrors and one of the panels was open so the person I saw standing behind me was actually me but in the dark and half asleep I thought it was someone else.  It nearly scared the life out of me and of course hubby got a good laugh over it too.

So today I want you to reflect on what kind of a life are you showing to the world.  Is it one that you are proud of or one that you need to do some changes to to make it better.
I'll do the same.

Till tomorrow...have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.