Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Random 5 Friday

Welcome! - It's time to join in the fun of Random 5 Friday hosted by Nancy from, A Rural Journal.

Last Friday I participated in the Grow Your Blog event and missed doing R5F.  If you visited my Grow Your Blog post you may have read about my spotting a hawk on our back fence and not having my camera with me at the time.  I was so excited about seeing it and yet bummed that I didn't have my camera with me.  See Random Thought #1

Be Sure to Click to Enlarge

1.  Life is Good and sometimes we do get 2nd chances.  Wait for it.....





Same photo - Cropped for a closer view.  -  I was just getting ready to head out for my Allergy shot and thought that I'd just take my camera along for the heck of it. - As I stepped out our back door and looked up I spotted the hawk sitting pretty as you please on our back fence.  I immediately told Coleen to stand still and started snapping away.  I managed to get a couple of really good photos before it flew off.  -  Huge Smile on my face!!!
(Bonus shot of the hawk diving off the fence at the end of this post.)

Can you identify this hawk.  I've narrowed it down to either a Cooper's Hawk or Sharp Shinned Hawk (it looks the most like that one from pictures on the Internet).


2.  Life brings the unexpected....


Snow flurries...and I was going to take the dog for a walk this morning.
Edited to add - After posting we did indeed go for a shorter but very snowy walk.  -  Call me crazy but it was kinda fun!

3.  Life is Ironic...I was sitting here typing up my post and the TV was on to one of Coleen's kid shows.  What were they talking about....How To Build A Snow Man!

4.  Life is Fun because when your plans get changed you can do something else like take pictures of the neighbors cat trying to catch snowflakes.



           Fred was fascinated by the snowflakes falling all around him.

5.  Life is Frustrating...While taking said pictures of Fred trying to catch snowflakes I forgot to close the front door tightly and 2 of our cats, Harley and Captain Cuddles escaped.  I got Harley back inside quickly but Cuddles ran underneath our house and it took a good 20 minutes of trying everything I could think of, (singing badly, whistling, coaxing with food, trying string, a laser toy etc...) all while trying to keep Ghost (Fred's brother) from trying to crawl under the house to pick a fight with Cuddles.  I finally locked Ghost in our shed and then started mewing like a hurt kitten, that did the trick and I got our cat inside.

Yep, Life is interesting for sure!

The 2 escapees before Cuddle ran under the house.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Bonus thought & photo.  Since it's Super Bowl weekend and the Seattle Seahawks from my home state our playing in the big game I want to give them a shout out:   GO SEA HAWKS!!!

Oh and here is the real Hawk diving off the fence. (Sorry it wasn't the best shot but that thing was fast.)



47 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! Oh yes, with the cats you can get many trouble... for me is one enough...
    Have a nice and quiet weeekend :-)

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Details can be found here:
    http://maschas-buch.blogspot.de/2014/01/liebster-award.html
    I hope you accept this award :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our long time house cat has decided to bolt out the door everytime it opens. I gave up and just left him. He comes in and out on his own now. Nice shots by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last picture is fantastic!
    A cute picture of the kitty catching a snowflake brought a smile to my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos. Loved seeing the kitten playing with the snowflakes. So precious . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for second chances! Love the cat trying to catch snowflakes. That is just too cute. When my Bob cat sees snow, he swears at me like a sailor. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kitty catching snowflakes photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think hawks are so cool looking! You got a great shot but I have no idea what kind it is. The kitties in the snow are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you got a second chance at the hawk! I like your photo of him. He's so majestic looking.

    Sounds like you had a time with the cats! Fred is so cute looking at the snowflakes. It looks like he's trying to figure out what's going on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos for today! Especially the kitty playing in the snow. So sweet! Stop by to see what my kitty was doing... Have a great weekend! Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  10. those 1st 2 shots are amazing. is that cat seriously looking at those snow flurries .. that is freakin' awesome!! i love them. please print them off & keep for years to come. how often will that happen again?

    happy cat weekend!! giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT shot of the hawk and the kitty trying to catch the snowflakes is too cute! I'm glad you were able to corral the escapees, silly cats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got a super shot of the hawk! And I just love the shots of the kittie looking a the snowflakes. Precious! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Ida, the pictures of the cat catching snowflakes are almost more that I could handle - he/she is SOOO cute! :) Your photos are so beautiful and what a great shot of the hawk! Thanks for sharing with us and have a beautiful weekend. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fred is adorable! I love those shots. And that is a magnificent looking hawk! Life certainly does bring the unexpected...but, I'd like a little less unexpected just for a little while! :-)
    Visiting fro R5F

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh - wow - that hawk is magnificent! Good thing you were ready for your second chance! I love the kitties - the one catching snow flakes - what a great capture! I love walking in the snow - anything to get outdoors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh - wow - that hawk is magnificent! Good thing you were ready for your second chance! I love the kitties - the one catching snow flakes - what a great capture! I love walking in the snow - anything to get outdoors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cats!!!

    Cooper's Hawks are big and Sharp- Shinned Hawks are much smaller. Looks like the latter to me. (but I'm no expert.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woah!!! You are seriously good at Photography AND Storytelling!!!

    I am totally impressed . . .
    and, happy you wrangled those cats - giving everyone a good outcome.

    Love to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so happy that you got a 2nd chance on capturing the hawk with your camera! You caught your neighbor's cat in an adorable pose! Your Cuddles sounds much like my Ting Ting! Any door being opened is like an invitation to her, including closets and cabinets. I'm so happy to have found you on Random 5; I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great post and lovely photos. I just love the one of the kitty playing with the snowflakes! Life is Great!
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy smokes Ida, brilliant shot of that hawk! We had one on the garage in Vancouver in early December. Love to see them about. In England we have a kind of hawk called a red tailed kite. They came back from the brink and now are doing really well.
    Oh bad cats...lol. I once let one escape at the cabin and he got under the cabin and took me an hour! Love the shots of Fred cat. What a sweetie snow cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fun five!! here's to second chances that produce amazing images and memorable moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great random 5s! That hawk is fantastic! Up here we walk in the snow all the time...it must be a treat for you in the south. It is fun...'round about the end of March it loses a whole lot of the fun though....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are great shots of the hawk - just goes to show that all things come to she who is patient!
    We'll be watching and cheering the Sea Hawks too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. With cats there is always action in the house ! How cute the picture of the cat playing with snowflakes !
    We have rain, no snow in view !

    ReplyDelete
  26. The cat shots are fantastic and of course the hawk what a great capture...

    ReplyDelete
  27. How cool that you caught the hawk (and, for that matter, your escaped cats!) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. yes, those hawks can maneuver around oftentimes way too quickly. I think you did good just to get it in the frame of your lens...me? I'd have a photo of an empty fence!

    Love your cats, and your cat escapades.

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's definitely either a Cooper's or Sharp-shinned. The Cooper's is a bit larger. They can be difficult to tell apart at times. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad that you got your second chance to get a picture of the hawk! Loved the pictures of Fred and would love to know what he was thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh! I like your little feathered friend! I'll bet your cats would like him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so glad you got another chance at capturing the hawk. He's a beautiful creature. I love the dive he took at the end. Makes me wonder what he was diving for! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love that first shot of Fred catching snowflakes. Methinks you might have two more cats that are yours shortly.

    i am not into football at all but hope you enjoy the game.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You got the hawk! Oh, what a beautiful photo! LOVE the kitty catching snowflakes. Oh, my, that one just steals my heart. Going to pin that one on my "Too Cute for Words" board. I just think it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Isn't it fun when you are able to have a 2nd chance at capturing the hawk. And that kitty trying to catch the snowflakes is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really really love the photos of the kitty trying to catch snowflakes! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your cat playing with the snowflakes has to be the most adorable thing I've seen all week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the one of Fred catching snowflakes. Cute.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am so envious of your photos! Amazing shots! We have several pairs of Kessler hawks that fly overhead. I have seen them perched in a tree off the highway but never in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  40. That cat catching the snowflakes is the cutest! Man that hawk does look fast and on a mission!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What you had to go through to get the cat back in the house is so funny. Glad that it ended well though.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wonderful cat pics!! And what a great catch of the hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  43. You really have a knack for photographing cats! Well done! I love the hawk shot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hawks are such beautiful birds. I ADORE the shots of the kitty catching snowflakes. makes me smile

    ReplyDelete
  45. the cat and the snowflakes...priceless. I laughed out loud. How adorable !!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.