It's Friday and time to share some Random thoughts. Please join me and of course the wonderful host of Random 5 Friday, Nancy from, A Rural Journal in sharing some randomness.
1. It's birthday weekend here so I am busy, busy, busy. My mom turns 85 tomorrow and Coleen turns 9 on Sunday. Thanks to everyone who stopped by an view Coleen's recital photos (see post below this one) and video. She loved knowing that people enjoyed hearing her play. Great encouragement to keep her practicing for sure. Edited to add if you want to see the cards I made them for their birthdays go to this post: http://faithartistry.blogspot.com/2014/01/birthday-cards.html
2. Birds make me smile. I leave seeds/peanuts out for the birds (and squirrels) and every morning I have a bunch of crows that show up for the peanuts and some sweet doves that enjoy the bird seed. This one appears to be doing the "Happy Dance" while enjoying the bird seed.
3. I'm thinking it's going to be an early spring here, some of the trees are already starting to bud. Even though it's been a mild winter here I still look forward to flowering trees and sunny skies (It's super foggy here today).
4. This week I discovered a new "guilty pleasure" Shhh don't tell anyone but I discovered Cappuccino Nanaimo Bars at the local store bakery and oh my gosh they are so yummy! - Sorry no picture, I didn't have time to take one since I couldn't control myself long enough to photograph one!
5. I need to walk the dog around the block more (see #4 ) since I'm indulging in sweet treats again now that the stress of the holidays is over.
Hope to get by a few of your blogs this weekend but with back-to-back birthday celebrations I'm not sure how much time I'll have for commenting.