Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Whatever Wednesday - The Birthday Celebration Edition

Happy Wednesday everyone.  It's time to join me for "Whatever Wednesday" - Today I am sharing photo's from this past weekend's back-to-back birthday celebrations.  If you've visited my blog recently you know that both my mom and my granddaughter celebrated birthdays this past weekend. 

On Saturday my mom,  (Marian) turned 85.  -  The family was over that evening for a little get together.  My mom doesn't like her picture taken very much so I don't have to many shots of her celebration but I will share a couple of the ones I did get.


I really like this one of her and Coleen together.  Coleen painted the picture for her Great-Grandma.

Next up a picture of my brother (Rich) lighting the candles on her cake.  Please take note of the cake because the next photo you see of the cake it will look quite a bit different.


Notice that a lot of the frosting is now missing off the cake.  -  Here is why,  After the candles were lit I asked Coleen to take the cake over to her Granny while we sang Happy Birthday and told her to be careful not to drop the cake....she carries the cake over and starts to hold the cake out when it slid right off the plate and onto the blanket on Granny's feet.  Poor Coleen just stood there and as everyone started to laugh she started to cry.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of the look on her face when the cake slid off the plate onto the floor but I was laughing so hard I couldn't take any more pictures!  Needless to say we salvaged the cake and went ahead with the singing of the birthday song.


Next up,  Coleen's birthday on Sunday. 

Excitement over learning that one of the gifts she wanted was going to be coming the next day.  I had tape a note to the back of the small gift.

Her birthday cupcakes.

Blowing out the candles.  That's her mom, Greta holding the plate of cupcakes.  Coleen is wearing a travel pillow that her mom gave her around her neck.

The birthday celebration continued on Monday with her "kids" birthday party.  She invited 9 kids to her party.  Can you image the noise level of ten 9 year olds....I tried to stay in my craft room as much as possible except when taking pictures.

They did play outside a little: Here they are playing ,Red-Rover

 
 They also played inside.  Coleen's surprise gift mentioned earlier was a set of cups used for "Cup Stacking" - She's apparently quite fast at it when they have competitions at school.


They played with balloons, ate pizza, had a "burping" contest (really?), played Truth or Dare, and just in general had a very fun time.

Did anyone notice that there was 1 boy present.  She wanted to invite a couple of the boys in her class but one of them told her he didn't want to come because he thought it would be to, "girly" of a party.  At first the one who did come was a bit shy but by the end of the party he had warmed up to the fact that he was the only boy and was goofing around with all the girls and having a good time. 

The last of the birthday cake's.  This one had gummy worms!

Party lasted 4 hours....Grandma is still recovering!!!

11 comments:

  1. So glad you shared photos of the two birthday girls. Looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I love the cupcakes and the gummy worm cake. I think you'll like your book. Happy birthday to your two birthday girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun pictures! It looks like all the parties were a rousing success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to both of the special ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of cake and a lot of special memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe we should celebrate our birthdays for an entire month. Birthmonth not birthday, so much better for me!!

    You mom is so beautiful as is Greta, I think this is the first time I have seen pictures of them!!

    Family celebrations are so fun, especially birthdays!,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colleen looks like she had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How blessed you are to have your mom...love the picture of the two birthday girls together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And a good time was had by all! Poor Coleen for being upset about dropping the cake. Thanks for sharing, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you made that lady quite happy on her birthday! Loving all those huge smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful few days of celebrations (except maybe the burping contest part!). And cake - oh my, all those cakes looked good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.