So let's get started on some "random" stuff by joining in on WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE hosted by Roan (Around Roanoke)
1. We've had some beautiful evening skies lately. Stepped out the back door the other night and saw these clouds. Hurried back inside to get the camera. They reminded me of sunlight rippling across water. What do they remind you of?
2. Fall is here now and of course fields are being readied for a new planting season. Caught sight of this guy across from Bennington Lake yesterday. I'm not entirely sure what he's doing but normally this field has wheat in it so I'm guessing it's been disked under and will be replanted.
3. Coleen is out of school for a couple of days (School Conferences) which by the way are so "weird" now. They let the kids come to the conference, they don't give actual grades but instead talk about their performance scores on the standard state testing for only Reading & Math. Coleen did great but she has a problem with turning her homework in.
In the afternoon we took a trip back up to Bennington Lake and saw this lady heading out onto the lake. Looks like fun doesn't it.
4. The Flame Maple trees that are just around the block from our house have rapidly been changing colors. I went out and snapped a bunch of pictures before they all fall off the tree. I'll share more later on but for now here is one for you to enjoy. I think these trees are gorgeous.
5. We had a new type of squirrel visit our bird/squirrel feeder the other day. Would you like to see it? .........
Okay it's really not a squirrel but rather:
Eric (the cat) who decided this was a good place to rest. He's such a silly cat. Joining in with Steve (The Burnt Food Dude) for FELINE FRIDAY.
Lastly I'd like to join Hilary for FOLLOW FRIDAY FOR FILL-IN FUN.
- Today is ___
- _____ is little ____ about____
- To have a friend you must____
- I wish I had____ in high school and not____
1. Today is what you make it. I've heard that said a lot. Whatever your attitude is will determine how you handle what your day will be like.
2. Life is little moments about loving others and giving of yourself.
I seem to be in a philosophical mood here today.
3. To have a friend you must be a friend. I know you've all heard that before and it's true.
4. I wish I had been more out going in high school and not so shy.