Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

SHS and Songography (All Kinds of Kinds) edition. - November 10, 2013


Welcome!  -  Since this post isn't going to be super photo heavy today I'm combining Scavenger Hunt Sunday and Songography into one blog post.

Kathy (You'll Shoot Your Eye Out) hosts the
SONGOGRAPHY meme each week.  The object is to listen to the chosen song and then do a photograph depicting your interpretation of the song.  -  This weeks song was:
All Kinds of Kinds by Miranda Lambert.

Again I'm not a big fan of country music so I was not familiar with the song at all.  I did listen though and I've got to say the lyrics are rather weird but like the song implies...it takes all kinds of kinds to make up the world.

I had thought about going downtown and just photographing the tourists walking by because there certainly are all kinds of kinds when they are in town.  I didn't though because I would have felt rather weird taking pictures of strangers and trying not to be obvious about it. 

Instead Coleen and I stopped by an Antique/2nd hand store and I took photo's of various people (not real ones, except for one) through out the store.  I've combined them here in a collage.

Click to Enlarge:

Yes the world would be a very dull and boring place if we were all the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Ashley (Ramblings and Photos) hosts,
SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY where each week you get 5 prompts that you take photographs of through the week and then post.  Lots of fun.

This weeks prompts were:  Table, I Collect, Music, Yes! and Someone I Miss.

TABLE:  Goodness I certainly didn't want to photograph our table, it's usually cluttered with stuff until we clear it off to eat.  Besides it's nothing all that interesting either.  So while at the antique store today I spotted a little coffee table that I like and here is the result.


I COLLECT:  Funny story about this one.  I collect Frog and Cat figurines (not so much anymore though as there is only so much room to display them) but I went to get some of my frog figurines that were packed away and when I opened the box that was marked, Small Frogs I found that instead of the frogs they were actually cat figurines!  I tried getting pictures of them but hate the lighting in our living room.  So I took one outside and while taking a picture one of our real cats pulled the front door open and I snapped his photo.  Because let's face it when you have 6 cats you may as well just say you, "Collect Cats.!"

MUSIC:  Saw some of the music sitting on my hubby's guitar stand and thought it looked cool.


YES! - Stopped at a bakery on the way to the antique store and heard this calling out my name.  I said, "Yes!"


SOMEONE I MISS - This was a hard one because I thought how can I do a picture of someone that I miss if they aren't around to take a photo of.  I didn't want to do a picture of a picture so instead I did a picture of a place that reminds me of the person.  This is Bennington Lake where my dad spent many an afternoon fishing when he was alive.  Every time I visit I am reminded of him and even though he's been gone nearly 16 years I still miss him very much.




“Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week and don't forget to stop by Kathy and Ashley's blogs and check out the other participants.

26 comments:

  1. You certainly did find a variety of not so real people, but I like your real one so much better...gosh she has grown. And great scavenger hunt photos too Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not heard of Miranda Lambert, shall have to listen once done the blogging. Your Scanvenger finds were great and the lake photo for your Dad was an inspired choice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last shot, and the kitty! Creative collage for song-ography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice set of shots. I especially loved the cat one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these pictures! I am loving your photography lately! My boyfriend plays the guitar as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the song - very creative!

    That bakes good looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great minds think alike... great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding image for someone I miss. Very well done. Wish I had thought of that. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Ida...I adore your thoughts with Kathy's meme...I made me laugh with what you said about taking pics of the tourists! And love what you did with the SH. I brought a tear to my eye about your dad...but after just a week without my mom...I totally get it. Have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic collection of pictures for both memes. I just love the shot of the cat coming out the door along with the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks as if you and colleen had a really fun outing

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol That Ernest Hemingway quote gave me a chuckle. It is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the quote at the end of the post... I miss my grandparents and my dad a lot...
    Charming lake picture, Ida! Thank you for being so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your collage! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It rule would be a boring place if we would all be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great choices for both of this week's challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful composition with nice colors, very nice pictures, the cat, the bread, the landscape with reflections ... all are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's an interesting collage! Coleen and Marilyn Monroe together. Very creative! I especially love your photo of vintage music in your scavenger hunt collection.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do like your take on each one, and Hemmingway did have a lot of cats too. I hear the delicious call too, looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your table, and the sheet music. I love especially your idea to take a picture where your Dad spent a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved your interpretations, especially your cat figurine photo shoot interrupted by the cat! ;) Lovely photo you chose for "Someone I miss." Beautiful, and beautiful quote. My mom died when my oldest (now 16) was 9 mos. old...I photographed a doll that had been hers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the detail on the table!! Your yes shot looks so yummy!!! The cat quote is great! We toured Hemingway's house and there were still lots of cats roaming around!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful, stylish photos all !!

    I like most the last photo and that cat of course !

    Have a nice week !

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are all wonderful interpretations. I thought the someone I miss was exceptionally difficult as well. Love your collection of cats. :-) I do hope you brought that coffee table home. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Ida! I'm on the run this morning but wanted to see your latest photos. Just had to stop here and say, once again, how I love these scavenger hunts. That table is so cute! Would look fabulous restored. Also, I love how you photographed one of your Dad's favorite spots for the last prompt. That was well thought out and a beautiful photo. The cat is a prize winner in my eyes! That was serendipity that your kitty popped its head out at that moment. The absolute perfect photo for the prompt. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice set of pictures. The lake is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.