Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"Whatever" Wednesday - The Hot Air Balloon Edition

Welcome! - I hope you enjoy your visit. 
This past weekend was the annual Hot Air Balloon Stampede here in Walla Walla.  This has been going on now since 1974.  Some years the weather cooperates and some years it doesn't.  This year it did and all 3 days of the stampede the balloons were able to launch.  We don't go over any more to the actual launch site as you have to be there by 6:00 to watch the balloons inflate and quite frankly I'm just not much of a morning person.  Besides that we can now just watch outside of our house as the flight path generally floats the balloons right over our house.  Here's a few of the balloons we got to see this weekend.


This shot was taken looking down our driveway as the balloons came up over the tops of the trees .

Coleen like the balloon that had the American Flag hanging off the basket.

I love the bright colors of this balloon.  Speaking of bright colors, check out this next one.  It was one of my favorites.


One of the balloons was really low to the top of our house and straight over head, in fact I was able to snap this shot looking up inside the balloon.  Cool how I caught the flame huh?

Lastly this was one of the different shaped balloons, sometimes there are more but I think this year this was the only one that wasn't just a regular shaped hot air balloon.  My mom thought this one was really fun, well so did I.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of the balloons.  It's one of my "Bucket List" things to do in life, Ride in a Hot Air Balloon.  Although I'm afraid of heights now so I'm not sure if I could pull it off or not. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ida!! What great shots!! Absolutely fabulous!

    You absolutely have to do this!! I ticked this off my bucket list last fall and it is so magical and thrilling and awe inspiring...but what I think surprised me the most was the sense of serenity I felt way up there!
    There was a woman on our balloon that was afraid of heights and she was fine once we got up in the sky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful shots, Ida! I love the balloons against that blue sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.