Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Photo Art Friday - May 11, 2012

Hello and welcome! - Hope you have all been having a great week. 
Now it's time for some Fabulous Photo Art courtesy of Bonnie at Pixel Dust Photo Art.

This week the theme/s were:  Any Piece of Photo Art or a Piece that features a "Horizon." - I chose the latter and had some fun playing around with my photo's.  In fact I think that I must have spent about 4-5 hours working on this weeks theme.  I couldn't seem to decide what photo to use or what effect I liked the best.  Plus I like to add quotes to a lot of my photo art so I spent at least an hour looking at quotes that had the word Horizon in them.

In the end I came up with 3 different photo's that I want to share.

For this one I edited my photo on PicMonkey, Added the Frame from Pixlr-O-Matic and then the quote was added back on PicMonkey.  I like the old fashioned look that this one has even though this particular picture did not have the fall like tones that I finally settled on.

For this one I went to a new photo editing program (new to me at least) called, Foto Flexor.  They have a bunch of different techniques you can do to photo's and the one used here was called, Cartoon.
For some reason when I first read the theme for the week this song from the Eagles popped into my head so I included a line from the song.  I think the effect sort of looks a little like (Neon) just not shiny.

Lastly here is another view with a different quote - Effects from PicMonkey, Frame from Pixlr-O-Matic



Below are the 3 Original Photo's used for today's Photo Art.  They were all taken at Bennington Lake here in Walla Walla. The mountain you see in the distance are the Blue Mountains.


Be sure to stop by and check out the other entries. 



























21 comments:

  1. I like the third photograph and your edit. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pieces and lovely range of tools. I know what you meant about spending a logn time searching for a quote - I do it too and really enjoy adding words to my photoart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty pictures and clever ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photos and effects! I love all three, and your quotes are wonderful...especially the first one! I'll have to save that one in my quote file. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely collection there, I love experimenting in pixlr too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one are my favourite. Lovely old-photo style on your piece of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely work, Ida. All three of the images are beautiful, but I really love the first one. I love the quote, and the vintage tones appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me, too...love the first one.
    Great job, Ida.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the picture nr 1, maybe because of the yellow colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic horizon captures and your rendering is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the first one looks like a wonderful postcard. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colors and wonderful texture. my favorite is the first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great range of different looks produced with your editing of these three great photos! I like the first and third. Thank you for sharing the inspiring quotes, too. And, thank you for linking up to PAF, Ida.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the quote together with the first image although I like all of them

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol, you worked a lot. The first is teh favourite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mycket arbete du lagt ner men det blev ju också bra. Ha en bra fortsatt helg.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seems you have survived the loss of picnik, too! Great horizon photos, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm partial to the first one but all three are really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I need to check out Pixl-O-Matic, those frames are great. I love that first photo. It looks like a scratchy old photo that's been in someone's back pocket for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're very talented! I think the first is my Favorite, but each one is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...I love them all. Each one has such a different personality. The quotes are beautiful.

    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.

    Capture Life!
    Kathy

    PS...love the hot air balloon pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.