WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE
1. Most of my long time readers know that I am not a huge fan of winter or snow. So it comes as no surprise that I wasn't to thrilled with yesterdays snow fall. Coleen on the other hand loved it. Here she is this morning enjoying a little time outside before heading off to school.
2. A friend of mine sent me a link to where you can find out where all the gorgeous fall colors are in each of the states. While it's too late to visit these areas now the pictures are worth looking at and it gives you a reference for next year. Check it out here:
Here is a little of our own fall foliage and also one from today with the snow on them.
I think I prefer the warmer one for sure.
3. If you enjoy snow you might want to make some paper snowflakes to decorate you house. Here's a place for learning how to make paper snowflakes. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Paper-Snowflake .
4. It's now "Soup" weather and who doesn't like a nice hot bowl of soup on a cold and snowy day. We had this soup the other night and it's delicious. I alter the recipe though as we don't like that much tomato taste so instead I used Cream of Mushroom soup in place of the tomato. I also added some cabbage to the vegetable mix. - So here's a fun LINK to some silly resturant names you might enjoy.
5. Did you ever make snow icecream when you were a kid? I loved that stuff and would you believe there are actual recipes on how to make it.
Helix enjoying a stretch in the snow this morning. My entry for FELINE FRIDAY.
Also sharing this one of Eric the cat for FELINE ART
FOLLOW FRIDAY FOUR FILL-IN FUN.
- I just ____
- ___ is _____
- If I could, I would ________
- _____makes me______
1. I just don't have enough time in the day to get everything done that I want to. Anyone else have that problem?
2. Snow is
3. If I could, I would move to a warmer climate in winter. I say that every winter but I've lived here all my life so I doubt I'd really go through with it if I could.
4. Melting snow makes me SMILE :o) - It's not melting that fast but in about a week it's suppose to be back up in the 40's and raining so it's not going to stick around that long.
See I really am trying to embrace winter weather with a more positive attitude. I still don't like it but hey you might as well try to find something positive about it because it's that time of year.
Have a great day & a good weekend.