Greeting

WELCOME TO MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

If your are here to see CARDS please visit my "Crafting Blog" http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

This blog is a "Political" free blog - I will not post any political opinions here as I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be put down for their beliefs or subjected to others personal political beliefs.

Thank you for your visits and comments. They are greatly appreciated. I'll try hard to return the favor on your blogs. Have a wonderful day.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Good Fences #80 - Mystery Fence

 Welcome! - It's time to join Theresa (The Run-a-round Ranch Report) for GOOD FENCES

Today I am sharing photos that I've had for a year now waiting to share for Good Fences. - Don't ask why it's taken me this long to share them.


I was out driving around one day and happened to spot an unusual looking fence so I stopped and took several photos of the fence.  I think it's really unique and different.


As you can see these were taken in the Fall (Nov. of 2014 to be exact)
The Fence had a tall side which you can see in the back of this photo and a shorter side which bordered the garden area in the front.


This is the tall side of the fence. - I love the woven pattern of this fence.
 
 

Another view of the shorter side in the front and where the two sides connected.

A close up of the way the fence is woven.

After I got home and uploaded the photos I showed them to my hubby to see if he could tell me what he thought this fence was made out of.  He knew right away -   Do you?

Here is a clue that I found on the fence.  Let's see if you can guess what it is.

Some of the letters were missing as it's a pretty "aged" fence.  I did a (Google) search with the letters I could make out.


Scroll down if you want to find out more about what this fence is made out of.







-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seguin Moreau American Oak is what this emblem actually says.  Have you figured it out yet?  If not you can click on the link and you'll discover what this fence was made out of.


I think it's pretty cool and since we are now a "Wine/Vineyard" area it seems like a very fitting fence for our region.

Hope you have enjoyed my "Mystery" fence today.  Don't forget to stop in and check out all the other Good Fences.  Have a wonderful day.

41 comments:

  1. I didn't guess right away but then it dawned on me that they must be barrels! How clever is that! My first impression was the effect reminded me of a basket which would be cool too!
    Great photos!
    Have a lovely fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a neat fence, old oak barrel lathes...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful fence! I love the craftsmanship! I am guessing it is made out of wine barrel staves. Now I need to go back and check :) Hope you have a good weekend! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome fence Ida! I really like it. Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll click the link because I'm curious, but have no idea. Didn't want to do that first and forget to come back and comment. It sure makes a pretty fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite an intricate fence. Must have taken lots of labor to build.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fabulous! What a lot of work it must be to cut up all the pieces for use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen a fence like that before, very unusual. That had to take some time to create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, now that is some fence design. I have some fence photos I've shot and never used either for some reason or another. Good to have some on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lovely fence, makes me think of a basket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a COOL basket-weave fence! nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whatever its origins, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Just like basket weaving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I found it. Lol. I do that too, save pic s for a year or so b4 finally using lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely a different style fence. I like it tho.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a VERY unique fence and I love it. It looks like a basket. I never would have guessed that it was made from barrels. Someone did a great job on this

    ReplyDelete
  17. How very cool! It looks like it took some work! Using barrels explains how it has those nice curves!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ida, what an incredibly unique fence. Like a hedge row of sorts. Very different and love the look of it.
    Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend. Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm back from vacation and trying to catch up with all the post.... Great looking fence and very unusual!! Have a great Friday...
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  20. Never seen a fence like this but I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great find, it's so unique....it almost looks like a big chain. I liked the details in the last image!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well! That is a first to see this kind of fence. It is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good design of the fence, like a weave. :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. a beautiful and unique fence for sure. Love it Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dearest Ida; Oh this sure is unique and different fence(^_^)v I love the woven pattern and my husband looked really interested in this 'Mystery Fence' as well♪

    Thank you SO much for your thoughtful comment. My eye’s condition gets better except the distorted vision. Haha, seems I need to get used to it.
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool look to that wall! I'm glad you finally hared these photos with us, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, all the way through the post I am thinking basket weave fence ... how very cool. Then I read that it is made of wine barrels ... how very much cooler! What a find and a treat and I am guessing this is a one of a kind. What luck to find such a beauty. Great pictures, Ida ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  28. I had to look it up. It does result in an amazing fence. I like its style and uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is an interesting fence, Ida. At first I thought it was made of some sort of rubber -- a bit less appealing than wine barrels for sure.

    Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I miss a few days, and boy have you posted some good photos! I love this fence...I did guess what it was after you mentioned it was made of something. Till then, I was just enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is a good one! I hadn't seen one quite like it before--very nice weaving!

    ReplyDelete
  32. that is so very cool!! how very interesting. I thought it might be some kind of barrel. Being Canadian I was thinking more whiskey than wine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Now that fence is pretty darn cool! Wine barrels, huh? I absolutely love it, and the photos look fabulous with the fall landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Ida!:) I like this woven fence very much and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is the BEST fence EVER! so interesting and made out of barrels....who would of thought. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello Ida!:) This is my second attempt to make a comment here. The rustic woven fence is really appealing and different. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That is such a very neat fence. I would have never guessed what it was made out if.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting and Leaving a Comment - They are appreciated.